Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 46,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 - Cracked Lens after few hours out of the box

Tip us?

DroidApprentice
Old
Thanks Meter 79
It is one of the areas of the phone which get hotter from use, but I find that an unlikely factor in causing that problem.

supposedmonster
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidApprentice View Post
It is one of the areas of the phone which get hotter from use, but I find that an unlikely factor in causing that problem.
Yeah, I'm really at a loss. I kept it in the bathroom as I showered, but it doesn't get that hot/humid...not enough that one would think it'd make a substantial difference.

WilliamStern
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Hate to say it, but my lens just cracked as well about an hour ago. I went to take the phone off my desk, and it kinda slipped from my fingers. The phone never made it completely off the desk. The two bottom corners were still touching, and the top half maybe a few cm off. Nothing I would ever consider a drop. When I flipped the phone around, to my surprise the lens was cracked. I don't know what to say? Any other phone I've owned in the past this wouldn't have happened to it in this very same situation.
Current
HTC Droid DNA [ROM] Stock Jelly Bean [4.1.1]

Launcher
Stock

supposedmonster
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamStern View Post
Hate to say it, but my lens just cracked as well about an hour ago. I went to take the phone off my desk, and it kinda slipped from my fingers. The phone never made it completely off the desk. The two bottom corners were still touching, and the top half maybe a few cm off. Nothing I would ever consider a drop. When I flipped the phone around, to my surprise the lens was cracked. I don't know what to say? Any other phone I've owned in the past this wouldn't have happened to it in this very same situation.
Yeah, man. My old HTC M7...I always run skinless, treat my phones like dirt. Dropped it maybe three times onto concrete from waist height, nothing. So this is pretty gnarly.

Update on T-Mobile, they basically said that they'd take it back under warranty IF it's a manufacturer's defect. But because it's physical damage, they'll probably flag it as user error and charge me for it. I'm claiming manufacturer's defect because I swear this happened spontaneously without a drop whatsoever. So now I basically have to call LG directly, and I'd probably be up for a fight. If anyone here has experience or advice it'd be greatly appreciated.

julz05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Issue

Hey, I had the same issue with the AT&T version, ended up having to send it back along with my powermat (since I assumed that might have caused the crack). They repaired it without charge since they determined that it was indeed a manufacture defect. So if you have something similar it is probably a manufacture defect, and hopefully they will make a note of this soon.