Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 46,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 D855 shutsdown on its own

Tip us?
 
dex.
Old
#421  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 16
Join Date: Aug 2010
mine updated to v10e-eur-xx from 10a this morning too. (32/3 from Amazon.de)

this is what was in the update if anyone can make sense of it. https://mega.co.nz/#F!Zt0zFIBI!H22aEKy7OUjiCuj58sgVow




Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
J_Dutch
Old
#422  
J_Dutch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 797
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zaltbommel
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanersoz View Post
can't agree you more

this is a great phone but the possibility of letting me down anytime/anywhere is a pain in the ass.

rule #1 i MUST rely on the phone that i'm using... if this phone will constantly make me wonder whether it shut itself or not, then it makes itself no different than an expensive brick to me
It's funny you're quoting that post of me, I bought the device anyway. I couldn't resist it especially for its camera and the screen size.

Every day I love this device a little more, I just didn't expect this bug to be in every device...a little naive maybe...
 
Jan-M.91
Old
#423  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2014
Good morning everyone,


I am thinking about pruchasing an LG G3. Well now I worry a lot because of the shutdown-bug - I just need a phone that is reliable and high end.
Is anyone out there who recieved the update and does not have the issue anymore?


What I found interesting too: The German Amazon website does not list the G3 as 'in stock' anymore, they say that people have reported issues and that they do investigation to solve that.


Greetings from Germany,


Jan-M.91
 
Adronicus6
Old
#424  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 26
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannP View Post
After 3 straight nights of shutdowns, I rebooted the phone every night before going to bed for the past 3 nights... and so far... it's still on when I wake up.
By the description, it seems more and more a software problem related to the deep sleep state.

Did you get your G3 in HK?
 
Pedrules81
Old
#425  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-M.91 View Post
Good morning everyone,


I am thinking about pruchasing an LG G3. Well now I worry a lot because of the shutdown-bug - I just need a phone that is reliable and high end.
Is anyone out there who recieved the update and does not have the issue anymore?


What I found interesting too: The German Amazon website does not list the G3 as 'in stock' anymore, they say that people have reported issues and that they do investigation to solve that.


Greetings from Germany,


Jan-M.91
I have never had the shutdown issue (I have my G3 since July 2nd), I'm on v10e now but with v10a it dind't happen.
 
J_Dutch
Old
#426  
J_Dutch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 797
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zaltbommel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrules81 View Post
I have never had the shutdown issue (I have my G3 since July 2nd), I'm on v10e now but with v10a it dind't happen.
The problem is that you can't say anything about it. It happened to me when I wanted to take a picture (after a week use without a shut down). I tried to take a picture of something funny that my little kid did. If my kid didn't do it and I did not take a picture I wouldn't have had a shut down and would still be thinking that my device would be fine. It's random and can happen to everyone owning a G3.
 
erhanersoz
Old
#427  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Dutch View Post
It's funny you're quoting that post of me, I bought the device anyway. I couldn't resist it especially for its camera and the screen size.

Every day I love this device a little more, I just didn't expect this bug to be in every device...a little naive maybe...
wow, what a risk !!! i don't have that courage mate, it's like a russian roulette.

i'll wait a little more (5-6 weeks, which is a long time for a problem like this to be resolved) and then decide

PLS LG RESOLVE THIS BUG...
 
J_Dutch
Old
#428  
J_Dutch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 321
Posts: 797
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zaltbommel
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanersoz View Post
wow, what a risk !!! i don't have that courage mate, it's like a russian roulette.

i'll wait a little more (5-6 weeks, which is a long time for a problem like this to be resolved) and then decide

PLS LG RESOLVE THIS BUG...
I know, but Russian roulette could get you killed, G3 probably not!

I assume LG will fix this soon because else this brand is dead as hell. This is a flagship so if they don't fix it this will be my last LG period and a lot of people with me.

It was either this device or the M8, and I was looking for a good camera so...not really another option for me. And I had a nice offer from Vodafone with a free Gwatch and quick circle case, this offer was temporary so I couldn't wait for 6 weeks.

Tags
lg g3, shutdown
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes