Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 D855 shutsdown on its own

Tip us?

Dredd90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
After almost 20 days in service, my phone is with changed motherboard or at least this is what lg services says. I will keep you in touch if this would solve my problems or not.

alper.batioglu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd90 View Post
After almost 20 days in service, my phone is with changed motherboard or at least this is what lg services says. I will keep you in touch if this would solve my problems or not.
Last Friday I had a sms from lg service telling me that my device is waiting for a new device. Because it is holiday in Türkiye i was not able to talk to them, will do after the holiday.

juanch1984
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had the G3 for a week now, I'm in Argentina but it was brought from the U.S., made in Korea.
I got it, had it one day and everything was okay. Then I installed PC Suite to make a full backup of it with the brand new soft in case i ever have to restore it, with all the apps installed, and got a pop up saying there was a firmware update. v10e. I did it, and that's when I started to have the shutdowns. I don't have to pull the battery, just turn it on. It also happens during the night, every day, only once per day. Very strange.
I read someone posted that LG would launch an update in a few days to solve this. I'll check again everyday..
I'm very upset I wish I'd seen this before buying it
I'll try today going back to the backup I did before installing the firmware update to see if it stops doing this

McBeary
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanexyz View Post
However, I still hear that alot of people still having problem with shutdown without having to pull battery this firmware does not seems to provide the solution.
Today my phone shut down a few moments after laying on the desk while not using. Had to pull the battery. It's just random, the update may reduce the problem, but not fix it.
Tags
lg g3, shutdown