LG G3 D855 shutsdown on its own

OP Dredd90

21st October 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #1311  
Flag Chester
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Finally sorted mine by turning off the Geo location for photo's, has not done it for well over 1 week now - previously I did not go for one day or so without this happening when taking a photo.
22nd October 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #1312  
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
I have a OnePlus One which is also plagued with spontaneous shutdowns. I'm sending it back within the 14 day returns window. I've ordered an LG G3 - assuming the problem was with the OPO. Looks like it's pretty widespread with Android generally. My Nexus 5 has done it a couple of times - rare though.
28th October 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #1313  
Thanks Meter: 21

108 posts
I have had my early pre-order D855 32GB replaced.

First impressions of the new one is that the stability test has so far run for 2 3/4 hours without an issue (180 runs, RAM 6050 runs, still running), where my original one would not go for more than 20 minutes without rebooting with the stability test. Also did not reboot during the initial boot and setup, where my first one did!

New phone came with original firmware 10A so first step was to go through the OTAs in the order they came to get it to 10L (just in case the earlier firmware was responsible for overheating and damage).

This new phone has IMEI starting 354153-06-93xxxxx and S/N 407KPMZ93xxxx
My old phone has IMEI starring 354153-06-22xxxxx and S/N 406KPMZ22xxxx

Will see how I get on, though first impressions are more promising. Not sure if the phone is just being throttled more to prevent overheat damage, though I don't play games needing the full performance from the phone anyway.
Last edited by dex.; 28th October 2014 at 07:16 PM.
28th October 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #1314  
Flag Izmir
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd90

Hello,
So I bought a G3 the day before yesterday and yesterday was my first day with it, and for that first day my phone had shutdown twice on its own. The first time was when my phone was lying on the bed and doing nothing, it had around 50% battery and was not hot or anything.
The second time was this night i don't know when, i have put my G3 on the charger and went to sleep i woke up and it had shutdown.

I didn't made factory reset when i got i from the box which i will when i come home from work and hopefully this will fix it, but does anyone have a problem like that? If is something serious i will be disappointed to return the phone.

p.s. My previous phone was galaxy s2 and had this king of problem only with custom roms and kernels, but i have not put anything on the G3 yet, except activating the developers options and had switched it to ART and the first time the phone had shutdown i thought that the art was the issue and switched it back to dalvik, the second time though was on dalvik.

exact same issue tried everythink but it didnt work will try to install a custom rom now will post the result
29th October 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1315  
Thanks Meter: 60

178 posts
Have you guys tried Safe Charge?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sodeliminator
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d855, lg g3, random, shutdown
Previous Thread Next Thread