Ask a question

No registration required

LG G3 D855 shutsdown on its own

OP Dredd90

16th November 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #1321  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up Fixed for me
Hi guys, had the same issue, it kept shutting down quite frequently. Visited LG G3 store and they recommended to upgrade to latest software which I did but obviously did not fix the problem. I was not convinced with some suggestions about Reset to factory settings and then install app by app to see which one is causing the issue. Instead I decided to disable some features of G3 which are not available on some other android devices or at least not activated by default (my wife has a Samsung S5). So I disabled the Smart Notice widget and lucky me, it did not shot down for the last 10 days! (I hope it's a permanent solution, it was not really an added value widget). A bit disappointed since no official feedback from LG on this common issue.
16th November 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #1322  
Flag BZH
Thanks Meter: 47

619 posts
More
Yesterday was the day of my first shutdown on Lollipop...
Now i can say nothing related with software.
Im sure its hardware issue.
16th November 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #1323  
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
I've also had the issue. A hard reset seemed to correct the issue until I updated to lollypop (via full wipe install). All was fine at first then it suddenly started to shutdown again (3/4 times) . Only thing I can spot as different is had been using the GPS camera setting for the first time. I've turned it off now and will see how it goes and report back.
16th November 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #1324  

12 posts
When I installed Qualcomm Battery guru phone stops reseting and shouting down.It runs without problems.
16th November 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #1325  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I'm wondering if it's about power management,.I noticed that the power level reduced about 10 percents every time when it shutdiwn itself. And it looks like hardware problem since bug on lollipop was reported.So I guess if the battery caused this bug? Had someone tried to change the battery to solve this?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 08:41 AM   |  #1326  

2 posts
I reset my phone on Sunday. Did an OTA to update to 10K. Then reset it one more time. Installed some of the more important apps. Just last night while I pulled down the menu, it shutdown. Definitely a hardware issue.
Yesterday, 11:05 AM   |  #1327  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroutony

I'm wondering if it's about power management,.I noticed that the power level reduced about 10 percents every time when it shutdiwn itself. And it looks like hardware problem since bug on lollipop was reported.So I guess if the battery caused this bug? Had someone tried to change the battery to solve this?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

From my experience and understanding I think it hasn't to do to with battery. I have my G3 855 for about 3 months and since then It did shut-down 3 times; in my case battery was fine. In the first time I was shooting some pictures with Geo tagg on; the second I canīt recall and yesterday I was browsing through my contacts to send a SMS when all of a sudden it went pitch black. Had to remove battery.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d855, lg g3, random, shutdown
Previous Thread Next Thread