FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

LG G3 D855 shutsdown on its own

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Dredd90, Member on 3rd July 2014, 05:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st June 2015, 10:34 PM |#1451  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have the same issue but my phone restarts in areas with low signal or when the data connection changes from 3G to Edge in a bad reception area. I tried the Korean firmware, the European firmware and cloudy 2.3 rom. It is very annoying, I ordered a new battery from Amazon and will update you if it is the issue. I also have the 20P modem software as I thought it was the modem's software. If anybody can help?

22nd June 2015, 03:47 PM |#1452  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagdy81

I have the same issue but my phone restarts in areas with low signal or when the data connection changes from 3G to Edge in a bad reception area. I tried the Korean firmware, the European firmware and cloudy 2.3 rom. It is very annoying, I ordered a new battery from Amazon and will update you if it is the issue. I also have the 20P modem software as I thought it was the modem's software. If anybody can help?

I had less problems with 20i modem. Maybe result of the modem or maybe result of having a bad cm12.1 nighty in the past.

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to clonfsp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2015, 05:05 PM |#1453  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonfsp

I had less problems with 20i modem. Maybe result of the modem or maybe result of having a bad cm12.1 nighty in the past.

Thank you, but the 20P is newer than the 20I or is it network related?
22nd June 2015, 05:51 PM |#1454  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagdy81

Thank you, but the 20P is newer than the 20I or is it network related?

Been P greater than I in alphabet does not mean it is never. 20i was released after P, at least that was what I read. Unfortunately I don't remember where...

22nd June 2015, 09:57 PM |#1455  

More
I installed the 20i modem and we'll see how it goes, thanks
24th June 2015, 09:32 AM |#1456  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
It looks like LG is aware about this issue, because they don't discuss or try to find a software solution to this issue, they direct proposed to repair (hope correctly) the G3.

As I need a backup device, I've ordered the Asus Zenfone 2 (my wife will use it later) as soon this device is delivered I will send back the G3.

But if I leave the battery charged over 70% - 80%, I don't have the issue, of course it's not a solution, only an indication.
24th June 2015, 05:15 PM |#1457  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi there. I bought my G3 D855 Vodafone 16GB 2GB RAM about 1 year now (cause i bought it to take picture and record my baby when he was born,lol).
Ok, first my phone is not a new one (like new 99,99%) and its working very good until now except 1 thing, ya thats it ==> AUTO RESTART OR SHUTDOWN.
When I bought it, it was on Lollipop already, stock ROM (not remember the build version). But after 2 months using, its starting got this problem. Sometimes, i need pulg in the charger, few times need take out the battery.
After 6 months, I decided to root it and flash Bliss Rom (u can find it in the G3 forum here). After few days, the problem came back.
Now, after I read many topic and try to do 2 things:
- Change battery (because, sometimes yes just sometimes I noticed before my phone shutting down it not sudden shutdown without warning, it showed a message somthing like: "Battery..............", it want to say the battery is not right or something, Im not sure and remeber exactly). But its only very few times. I dont know anyone there have the same as me. And with this I can press Power button to turn it on.
I bought a Polarcell 3100 mAh from Germany shop via Ebay. Just changed into it today, not yet have shutdown problem or auto restart, still following.
- Force my phone under 2G signal. As myself, the problem showed up when I turn on 3G, got a call, took a picture, use GPS, most times with me it will happen. And when I'm on a call and turn on the speaker, it will happen too. Still following and will update to you guys/
Anyway sorry for my bad English. I think it is hardware issue and pity for who like me, didnt under any warranty we just try to find out a way to keep this problem as minor as possible, right?
P/S; my serial number starting with 410 too, due to a guys from few pages before notice that from 410 serial number phone working flawlessly, sorry its not!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d855, lg g3, random, shutdown
Previous Thread Next Thread