55 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Dredd90, Member on 3rd July 2014, 06:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th November 2015, 11:23 PM |#1501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
More research on CM
After more research I found that it may be a different type of shutdown, since with stock 4.4.4 I had to remove the battery to fully reboot the phone, while with CM 12.1 it is not required to remove the battery, and the phone doesn't turn off totally (No LG logo, just CM logo), and the uptime is not affected.

So, as stated in the CM forum http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/1...s/#entry542915 it may be caused by problems with strictmode (other problems maybe related to a faulty battery)

To dissable strict mode:

$ adb shell
$ su
$ setprop persist.sys.strictmode.disable true
$ reboot

Hope it helps

1st December 2015, 04:59 PM |#1502  

More
My phone can only boot to homescreen with battery level below <= 5%

idk why .. even replacement of the battery with another brand, it doesn't solve the problem, but it boots with battery level below <=5% till homescreen, but got freeze again
that's weird

even connected to wall charger it had bootloop, but when i connected to wall charger with batt level below <=5% , it was charging. Batt level below <=5% solve half of the problem

for those who have also got the random shutdown problem and get worse and become bootloop, try using batt with batt level below <5%
Last edited by peterl95; 1st December 2015 at 05:01 PM.
4th December 2015, 03:36 AM |#1503  

More
My phone sunset LG turns off and rite back on again I'm not a wiz at all these tech terms so plz dumb it down for me and how to fix brand New phone barley used dosent even have min on it uet
5th December 2015, 01:40 PM |#1504  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
My 32GB D855 has this problem!

It all started about a week ago, i did some app updates and some xposed updates, naturally i thought it was these updates so I disabled all my xposed modules, it works a bit better now, the random reboots are less frequent but they still happen! Especially if i open snapchat, even with all my xposed modules disabled.

I'm going to try flashing another rom now, and starting from scratch.

I wish this stupid phone would just work properly.
7th January 2016, 06:49 AM |#1505  
Flag 127.0.0.1

More
Update:
After 10 months with a D851, I've changed 3 batteries, the phone reacts differently to all of them, shutting down at 60% for one battery, 40% for the other, 75% for the third.
I've seen that it doesn't shutdown on its own while airplane mode is on.
I've reflashed the software etc, it's no use.
I have experienced that when in areas of full cell reception, the phone doesn't shutdown on its on at all, but in areas of poor cell phone reception it turns off rapidly with and without wifi usage.
19th January 2016, 03:16 PM |#1506  

More
I have this problem also i have tried factory restoring it several times but still only works when the phone is on charge. My phone has run out of warranty. There must be a way of fixing it without having to pay to get it fixed. I thought maybe it was an update that caused this problem so i didnt install any updates and it still has the same problem. has anyone got any other suggestion? I havent seen any other suggestions other than a factory restore which doesnt work.
Yesterday, 07:26 PM |#1507  
Flag Tampere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScAvEnGeR(PHC)

Update:
After 10 months with a D851, I've changed 3 batteries, the phone reacts differently to all of them, shutting down at 60% for one battery, 40% for the other, 75% for the third.
I have experienced that when in areas of full cell reception, the phone doesn't shutdown on its on at all, but in areas of poor cell phone reception it turns off rapidly with and without wifi usage.

Same problem here with D850 (ATT) but with restarting. IT'S KILLING MEEEEE ! last LG phone I bought I SWEARRR ! please somebody give some hints... I've installed tons of different ROMs and still the same problem. The phone is 3 moths old ! it's hardware issue ?
Yesterday, 08:35 PM |#1508  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugi_oh

Same problem here with D850 (ATT) but with restarting. IT'S KILLING MEEEEE ! last LG phone I bought I SWEARRR ! please somebody give some hints... I've installed tons of different ROMs and still the same problem. The phone is 3 moths old ! it's hardware issue ?

Change the battery you will fine..
Yesterday, 08:41 PM |#1509  
Flag Tampere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScAvEnGeR(PHC)

Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anik49

Change the battery you will fine..

changed it! got anker from amazon.com , same issue!
Yesterday, 09:26 PM |#1510  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugi_oh

changed it! got anker from amazon.com , same issue!

Use phone only in gsm mode.....you can do it in phone settings see what happen......also try stock battery i have face similar issue at 70% phone reboot changing the battery solve my problem.....if you are not using stock rom then use stock rom made for your phone.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d855, lg g3, random, shutdown

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)