[Q] LG G3 Game Mode

Search This thread

injectx

Nov 4, 2010
Hi guys,

So I was recently looking into the LG G4 and its new specs etc. and noticing the "game mode" switch. What it actually does is downscaling the screen to 1080p to optimize the game performance.
Since I own a G3 I thought why shouldn't this be possible on the G3? So I went building with Tasker and created an "app" which would set the resolution to 1080p when you press "ON" and back to default when you press "OFF" (as an extra I've included a task that force closes swiftkey because when going back to default resolution Swiftkey would f** up the keyboard layout).

1C98X9X.jpg

It actually works pretty well. Except for this; when you press OFF, the resolution (and DPI) turns back to default but for some reason the navigation bar is thinner than default. When I use NOMone Resolution Changer and press "Restore defaults" it somehow turns everything back to default perfectly. So what do I have to include in my Tasker script to get the navbar going back to default as it should?

WstrKuNoužč

May 10, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah, i would love to see this developed further. You think it's possible to make a program like this auto-switch to 1080p when you run a game and back to default when you exit it?

jonnyszt

Sep 28, 2015
Montreal
Hi guys,

So I was recently looking into the LG G4 and its new specs etc. and noticing the "game mode" switch. What it actually does is downscaling the screen to 1080p to optimize the game performance.
Since I own a G3 I thought why shouldn't this be possible on the G3? So I went building with Tasker and created an "app" which would set the resolution to 1080p when you press "ON" and back to default when you press "OFF" (as an extra I've included a task that force closes swiftkey because when going back to default resolution Swiftkey would f** up the keyboard layout).

1C98X9X.jpg

It actually works pretty well. Except for this; when you press OFF, the resolution (and DPI) turns back to default but for some reason the navigation bar is thinner than default. When I use NOMone Resolution Changer and press "Restore defaults" it somehow turns everything back to default perfectly. So what do I have to include in my Tasker script to get the navbar going back to default as it should?

Is it possible to get it in my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

1C98X9X.jpg