LG G3 Miracast failing

Search This thread

trinode

Jul 13, 2007
I had an S4 and a 2013 LG TV which could receive the Miracast from the Samsung S4 just fine.

I've upgraded to a G3 and it's seems to be in compatible with the LG (that's right LG) TV.

It connects, then just disconnects, no errors either side like this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8TLBqHxoQ

I've even gone as far as to factory reset the TV, just in case (It's had a few updates since purchase).

Am I missing something (Is there a known work-around or something) or was LGs flagship phone not tested with their own Smart TVs?

Any ideas / help appreciated.

- Anthony

nap007

Sep 28, 2008
Same here I cannot use miracast or wifi direct with my new sony tv; DLNA works though

Official bug???? How can we fix it?

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
thank God someone finally posted the same thing as i thought i was the only one experiencing this.
g3's miracast won't connect to my Toshiba tv.
it just shows wifi direct connected, then nothing happens.
went to the mall to try on other tv brands samsung,sony and even LG but miracast won't connect.
so i gave up and just told myself maybe it's because the phone is still new.

was using version 10A.
now i'm on 10B and still doesn't connect.

prfraczek

Dec 13, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I had an S4 and a 2013 LG TV which could receive the Miracast from the Samsung S4 just fine.

I've upgraded to a G3 and it's seems to be in compatible with the LG (that's right LG) TV.

It connects, then just disconnects, no errors either side like this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8TLBqHxoQ

I've even gone as far as to factory reset the TV, just in case (It's had a few updates since purchase).

Am I missing something (Is there a known work-around or something) or was LGs flagship phone not tested with their own Smart TVs?

Any ideas / help appreciated.

- Anthony

I have noticed this with my previous LG G2 as well. Somehow lg tv keeps loosing stability of the miracast or dlna server.

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
might be something related :

hidden menu > MirrorLink Test and it will Force Close.

nap007

Sep 28, 2008
So is there anything we can do about this? Does this problem exist in all version of g3?

maddigital

Dec 5, 2006
Verizon G3 works fine for miracast on my 2013 F8500 Samsung. Try not connecting WiFi to your router or connect WiFi on 5ghz band. You will achieve better stability in the signal. Also don't have your tv connected via WiFi. Miracast may conflict,with your current WiFi connection or interfere when on the 2.4the band, just my experience as I also use widi on pcs. The WiFi chipset varies from phone to phone, LG may use one chipset that has more issues than Samsung

jackalope40

Aug 10, 2014
Hey guys, I just found a solution for it.
First, I read the NFC tag that came with my LG TV to connect it. It asked for Tag On app installation and after that, for the LG TV remot app. Bam! Miracast is finally working on my LG TV. Probably any library was missing and now is all good! :laugh:
Please try it and let me know.

madsere

May 2, 2010
Same problem here with a LG Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4.

It plays with an Asus Zenfone 4, though without sound, not sure if I'm missing some essential bits.

Hey guys, I just found a solution for it.
First, I read the NFC tag that came with my LG TV to connect it. It asked for Tag On app installation and after that, for the LG TV remot app. Bam! Miracast is finally working on my LG TV. Probably any library was missing and now is all good! :laugh:
Please try it and let me know.

Try what? What does this have to do with what TV you use? What "Tag On app installation"?

jackalope40

Aug 10, 2014
Same problem here with a LG Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4.

It plays with an Asus Zenfone 4, though without sound, not sure if I'm missing some essential bits.

Try what? What does this have to do with what TV you use? What "Tag On app installation"?

In my last post, I described a procedure that worked (temporarily) to connect to a LG TV, but never mind... it's not working anymore. Back to the point zero! :eek:

guruzone

Jul 21, 2010
Györ
Miracast fail

My G3 is D855 16GB with v10i software. My friend has same phone with v10c TMOBILE sw.
We tested miracast with many televisions...

Not working with:
LG 42LB650V (2014)
LG 32LB650V (2014)
LG 42LB671V (2014)
Samsung UE46F6400 (2013) my own tv
Samsung UE32H4500 (2014)
Samsung UE32H6200 (2014)
Samsung UE40H5500 (2014)
Samsung UE40H6203 (2014)
Samsung UE40HU6900 (2014)
Samsung UE48H6200 (2014)
Samsung UE50H5303 (2014)
Samsung UE55H6203 (2014)
LG Hungary tested with D855 v10a and an LG 42LA660 (2013) Smart TV. They said it works perfectly.

UPDATE:
i have found a solution :)

Restart your G3,
and miracst works perfectly!

Last edited:

WPWoodJr

Sep 12, 2011
Verizon G3 works fine for miracast on my 2013 F8500 Samsung. Try not connecting WiFi to your router or connect WiFi on 5ghz band. You will achieve better stability in the signal. Also don't have your tv connected via WiFi. Miracast may conflict,with your current WiFi connection or interfere when on the 2.4the band, just my experience as I also use widi on pcs. The WiFi chipset varies from phone to phone, LG may use one chipset that has more issues than Samsung

Did Miracast come with your 2013 8500 Samsung, or did you have to get the Samsung Evolution Kit to support it?

teggyteg

Feb 7, 2015
I turned on the hotspot kinda thing on the tv...connected my lgg3 to that WiFi. (Tv is still on home WiFi) and it works just fine.