Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 shutdown due to high temprature

Tip us?

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,426

DONATE TO ME
Overheating has been addressed in builds 10G and later - what firmware you running?

Also did you disable Thermal protection in the hidden menu (it is billed as a way to reduce lag by some numpties on xda) - doing this will cause your phone to get hotter quicker and stay hotter for longer thus increasing the chances that it will shutdown for overheating.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androiduser991
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
Overheating has been addressed in builds 10G and later - what firmware you running?

Also did you disable Thermal protection in the hidden menu (it is billed as a way to reduce lag by some numpties on xda) - doing this will cause your phone to get hotter quicker and stay hotter for longer thus increasing the chances that it will shutdown for overheating.
I'm on 10j and still getting shutdowns.Not rooted and not disabled thermal protection.

dannybee1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post

I'm running 10g non rooted, did do the thermal trick at the time, so maybe it was that, have since disabled as noticed battery drain was a lot higher. Haven't tested camera yet though.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

salahhuss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidfreakz View Post
@droidhd is a total asshole. Treating people like that is how he gets off.
guys we are trying to help each other here there is no reason for these words

salahhuss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhd View Post
Let me answer you through question... What does your pc do when it overheats?
Usually reboots or shutdown, right? It is same with phones.

Sent Via G3

I know that this can happen in laptops but In phones this is the first time to happen to me... especially the warning message

I just wanted to check if there is anyone else had the same message...

another thing is that there are times when my lg g3 is hotter that when the message came (especially when using the phone while charging) but the message didn't came... so I don't know how is this heat shutdown thing works.

salahhuss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiduser991 View Post
I'm on 10j and still getting shutdowns.Not rooted and not disabled thermal protection.

i'm in 10G version and i'm rooted and having the thermal detection off.

ohh I remembered another thing... when the phone shutdowns I was not in the visible sun so it is not something related to sun exposure... it must be something with the software

droidhd
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Salahhuss, can you tell us what you did with the phone that you got that message? If nothing, get yourself betterbatterystats (search on xda) and check what makes you wakelocks...

Sent Via G3
1st Android - HTC Desire HD
2nd Android - Sony Xperia Z
3rd Android - LG G3

salahhuss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhd View Post
Salahhuss, can you tell us what you did with the phone that you got that message? If nothing, get yourself betterbatterystats (search on xda) and check what makes you wakelocks...

Sent Via G3
I'm using the phone right now as this issue happened only one for me so i'll wait and see it happen again then i'll contact the supplier to check it.

In the meanwhile i'll try the program you mensioned and see the results.

Thanks for ur help 👍