Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG G3 shutdown due to high temprature

OP salahhuss

19th August 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,652

6,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Overheating has been addressed in builds 10G and later - what firmware you running?

Also did you disable Thermal protection in the hidden menu (it is billed as a way to reduce lag by some numpties on xda) - doing this will cause your phone to get hotter quicker and stay hotter for longer thus increasing the chances that it will shutdown for overheating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

Overheating has been addressed in builds 10G and later - what firmware you running?

Also did you disable Thermal protection in the hidden menu (it is billed as a way to reduce lag by some numpties on xda) - doing this will cause your phone to get hotter quicker and stay hotter for longer thus increasing the chances that it will shutdown for overheating.

I'm on 10j and still getting shutdowns.Not rooted and not disabled thermal protection.
19th August 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

I'm running 10g non rooted, did do the thermal trick at the time, so maybe it was that, have since disabled as noticed battery drain was a lot higher. Haven't tested camera yet though.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
19th August 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidfreakz

@droidhd is a total asshole. Treating people like that is how he gets off.

guys we are trying to help each other here there is no reason for these words
19th August 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhd

Let me answer you through question... What does your pc do when it overheats?
Usually reboots or shutdown, right? It is same with phones.

Sent Via G3

I know that this can happen in laptops but In phones this is the first time to happen to me... especially the warning message

I just wanted to check if there is anyone else had the same message...

another thing is that there are times when my lg g3 is hotter that when the message came (especially when using the phone while charging) but the message didn't came... so I don't know how is this heat shutdown thing works.
19th August 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiduser991

I'm on 10j and still getting shutdowns.Not rooted and not disabled thermal protection.

i'm in 10G version and i'm rooted and having the thermal detection off.

ohh I remembered another thing... when the phone shutdowns I was not in the visible sun so it is not something related to sun exposure... it must be something with the software
19th August 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #17  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 45

231 posts
Donate to Me
More
Salahhuss, can you tell us what you did with the phone that you got that message? If nothing, get yourself betterbatterystats (search on xda) and check what makes you wakelocks...

Sent Via G3
20th August 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhd

Salahhuss, can you tell us what you did with the phone that you got that message? If nothing, get yourself betterbatterystats (search on xda) and check what makes you wakelocks...

Sent Via G3

I'm using the phone right now as this issue happened only one for me so i'll wait and see it happen again then i'll contact the supplier to check it.

In the meanwhile i'll try the program you mensioned and see the results.

Thanks for ur help 👍

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread