[Q] LG G3 SIM Connector Replacement?

OP D0MINO

7th August 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0MINO

Without owning the phone I can't say but it looks like it may slide or clip off somehow. Looking at the pic on my phone, it also looks like there is a black/white ribbon cable attached to it on the left? When I view it on my PC later I will be able to see better. I would be very surprised if it needed to be soldered on, but I could be wrong. If someone does get their's repaired in a service centre, they can ask and let us know or even just send an email to a place offering this repair and ask them.

it needed to be soldered
The Following User Says Thank You to cacimbo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacimbo

it needed to be soldered

Ah...that's unfortunate! I am thinking that since they have packed so much into a thin casing, plus made the screen's real estate with minimal bordering then they would have had to make sure the components are as compact as possible inside. I guess that it's not across the board and maybe only Samsung do modular then as I even found that on the S3 it's as easy as pulling out the ribbon cable and adding the new part.

Do you know if there are many pins to be soldered on and if they are far apart or very close to each other? I have to admit, I am not very good with a soldering iron but have managed to replace a fixed BIOS chip on a motherboard once which was a nightmare.
Last edited by D0MINO; 7th August 2014 at 11:24 PM.
8th August 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #33  
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 81

1,889 posts
More
That rules me out then lol. I definitely can't solder
8th August 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #34  

814 posts
More
I know who can do the JOB.
50 euros plus shipping.
Did on mine.
8th August 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member

145 posts
More
I sent a msg to the eBay seller selling the part which claims to be a service centre and they told me to resolder the part on is very difficult. I had asked how many pins and how far apart they were spaced.

Thus, I would recommended that 99% of you pay for it to be done by a service/repair centre.

Also, if you are going to use a micro sim adaptor, try to make sure that the edge on which the SIM reader pins catch and break on is covered with something like sellotape, or even make a template of the adaptor with paper/very thin card and glue it on top firmly so that the edges (of the paper/card) themselves do not lift up (to catch on the pins!). This may help to stop it catching, but obviously remember to cut a piece out in the middle so the SIM card can still be read!
8th August 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #36  
OP Senior Member

145 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galinha

I know who can do the JOB.
50 euros plus shipping.
Did on mine.

I believe you may be able to get it cheaper. You could even ask the eBay sellers for prices and if they can do it themselves. Obviously, make sure they are legit and that they either create an auction link for this or send you an invoice through PayPal as you can run the risk of your phone never coming back!

Perhaps this thread can be used to post places where people have gotten their's repaired and I can add the links to my 1st post.
8th August 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #37  

814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0MINO

I believe you may be able to get it cheaper. You could even ask the eBay sellers for prices and if they can do it themselves. Obviously, make sure they are legit and that they either create an auction link for this or send you an invoice through PayPal as you can run the risk of your phone never coming back!

Perhaps this thread can be used to post places where people have gotten their's repaired and I can add the links to my 1st post.

I got mine repaired at :

http://www.electromatica.com.pt/inde...te=common/home
13th August 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member

145 posts
More
It appears that those of you who want to use the G3 with dual SIMs should look no further than the dual SIM version and have no more worries about your adapter breaking the connector pins. Obviously, it's a waste of money if you have the G3 already..

LG G3 D858 With Dual-SIM Support Launched
7th October 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 24

510 posts
any us repair for lg g3 d850
I have done the same thing to my American lg g3 because like a fool I left my sim adapter with double sided tape INSIDE the sim tray for safe keeping, then come Monday morning to go to work I decide to switch phones and yanked the adapter out along with the metal sim pins underneath.

I ordered a replacement sim tray for the phone and the local cell repair shops are not sure they can do this kind of soldering job.
18th October 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #40  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 14

68 posts
More
Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat. I have 2 pins broken, so it does not read my sim anymore. I ordered a part from China for about $5. I visited 3 repair shops in Chicago, but they could not help me (claiming it's too difficult). Any other options? Any nationwide repair centers? There too many tiny pins on both side to have this job done by myself. Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread