FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] LG G3 SIM Connector Replacement?

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By D0MINO, Senior Member on 15th July 2014, 03:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th December 2014, 01:16 PM |#51  
OP Senior Member

More
I went to Carphone Warehouse (biggest UK phone retailer) the other day with a friend to get a micro sim and the advisor told him to never use the adapter as it can break the pins. If they are saying this then they must have had a ton of people with this issue come in - I.e. DON'T DO IT!!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

7th April 2015, 07:33 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
use mini hot air gun its the only solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGA2009

Hi,

Anyone did the job?

Here is my SIM Card/MicroSD Slot on my LG G3 D855.- Already bought the replacement on www.etradesupply.com I will post my results when starting the desoldering and soldering.

Any help/recommendations would be appreciated:

Good luck!

7th April 2015, 07:40 PM |#53  

More
All you have to do is send it back to LG they will fix it free of charge. That's what happened to me, I claimed that when I pulled my sim card at the advice of an att rep because of bad call quality the sim pins came loose, just "act new" if you know what I mean and they will consider it a manufacturer defect. Hope this helps

Sent from denimlicious nokia 930
7th April 2015, 10:08 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelito

All you have to do is send it back to LG they will fix it free of charge. That's what happened to me, I claimed that when I pulled my sim card at the advice of an att rep because of bad call quality the sim pins came loose, just "act new" if you know what I mean and they will consider it a manufacturer defect. Hope this helps

Sent from denimlicious nokia 930

...I think in the case above where the module has been hacked to death, this excuse will not work...lol
8th April 2015, 02:21 AM |#55  

More
oh my bad!
14th April 2015, 06:00 AM |#56  
Flag Erlanger
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
I just setup a repair ticket for my g3 through LG hopefully they will fix it as ive been having a tough time finding someone local who could do the work. I originally bought mine from someone who had pulled the pins out with an adapter and i was able to use the phone for a couple of months by placing pins from another phone in the spot of the old ones and sliding my sim card in but it has stopped working now and i cant seem to get the pins to touch correctly now so im forced to go with a warranty.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread