Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G3 slow after SD card

Tip us?

Dr M Cross
Old
(Last edited by Dr M Cross; 27th August 2014 at 11:54 AM.) Reason: Needed to add more information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] LG G3 slow after SD card

Hello-

I received a Samsung 16gb SD for my LG G3 from my partner this weekend. Since installing it and adding stuff to it every time I click the home screen all my widgets and apps have disappeared and it takes about 5 seconds for them all to return. I have added some apps to the SD card and used smart clean by LG to clean up the internal card. I tried unmounting and soft resetting the phone as someone mentioned a fix when browsing the net but still no help.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It is an official SD card by the way as it came with her Galaxy S4. I have the 16GB/ 2g ram version

Pfeffernuss
Old
Thanks Meter 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M Cross View Post
Hello-

I received a Samsung 16gb SD for my LG G3 from my partner this weekend. Since installing it and adding stuff to it every time I click the home screen all my widgets and apps have disappeared and it takes about 5 seconds for them all to return. I have added some apps to the SD card and used smart clean by LG to clean up the internal card. I tried unmounting and soft resetting the phone as someone mentioned a fix when browsing the net but still no help.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It is an official SD card by the way as it came with her Galaxy S4. I have the 16GB/ 2g ram version
I would backup all the data and format the SD inside your phone. After that restore data to the SD. Have also done this when going from an SGS4 to the G3. While the card did work, after formatting everything was much faster

LG G3 32GB D855 Stock Android 4.4.2 V10i Rom Stock kernel Tethered recovery
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 GE Danvdh 27-06-2014 Googy kernel XXUFNA1
Nexus7 2013 Flo Android 4.4.3 ElementalX 2.12 kernel KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 AOKP CM10.3 Default kernel
HTC Flyer 3G ICS Yetki 1.2 ChaosX 2.6.35.10 kernel

Dr M Cross
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss View Post
I would backup all the data and format the SD inside your phone. After that restore data to the SD. Have also done this when going from an SGS4 to the G3. While the card did work, after formatting everything was much faster
Ok cool. I did format the card when I plugged it in the first time so will copy everything over to my Pc, Format the card using the phone and then copy everything back over. Will update with results later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr M Cross For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr M Cross
Old
(Last edited by Dr M Cross; 28th August 2014 at 02:53 PM.) Reason: Update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M Cross View Post
Ok cool. I did format the card when I plugged it in the first time so will copy everything over to my Pc, Format the card using the phone and then copy everything back over. Will update with results later.
So did everything as requested and still the phone is slow. However I did notice that when the card was wiped the phone still stuttered. Could it be that the SD card is too slow to read from?

Had to delete apps. Nothing was connected!