FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] LG G3 slow after SD card

27th August 2014, 10:38 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello-

I received a Samsung 16gb SD for my LG G3 from my partner this weekend. Since installing it and adding stuff to it every time I click the home screen all my widgets and apps have disappeared and it takes about 5 seconds for them all to return. I have added some apps to the SD card and used smart clean by LG to clean up the internal card. I tried unmounting and soft resetting the phone as someone mentioned a fix when browsing the net but still no help.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It is an official SD card by the way as it came with her Galaxy S4. I have the 16GB/ 2g ram version
Last edited by Dr M Cross; 27th August 2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Needed to add more information
 
 
27th August 2014, 01:57 PM |#2  
Pfeffernuss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 947
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M Cross

Hello-

I received a Samsung 16gb SD for my LG G3 from my partner this weekend. Since installing it and adding stuff to it every time I click the home screen all my widgets and apps have disappeared and it takes about 5 seconds for them all to return. I have added some apps to the SD card and used smart clean by LG to clean up the internal card. I tried unmounting and soft resetting the phone as someone mentioned a fix when browsing the net but still no help.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It is an official SD card by the way as it came with her Galaxy S4. I have the 16GB/ 2g ram version

I would backup all the data and format the SD inside your phone. After that restore data to the SD. Have also done this when going from an SGS4 to the G3. While the card did work, after formatting everything was much faster
27th August 2014, 02:01 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

I would backup all the data and format the SD inside your phone. After that restore data to the SD. Have also done this when going from an SGS4 to the G3. While the card did work, after formatting everything was much faster

Ok cool. I did format the card when I plugged it in the first time so will copy everything over to my Pc, Format the card using the phone and then copy everything back over. Will update with results later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr M Cross For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 01:42 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M Cross

Ok cool. I did format the card when I plugged it in the first time so will copy everything over to my Pc, Format the card using the phone and then copy everything back over. Will update with results later.

So did everything as requested and still the phone is slow. However I did notice that when the card was wiped the phone still stuttered. Could it be that the SD card is too slow to read from?

Had to delete apps. Nothing was connected!
Last edited by Dr M Cross; 28th August 2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Update
9th February 2015, 11:46 PM |#5  
Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i have a 64GB Samsung SDXC ard and yes it slows the whole phone down i think its got something to do with Samsung not playing well with LG soon as a replaced mine with a Team branded sdxc card it worked again shame the Samsung one was meany to be a fast card
10th February 2015, 01:48 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
I am using a samsung evo 32gb class 10 card no such issue
Last edited by Zenroid; 10th February 2015 at 01:57 AM.
10th February 2015, 02:57 PM |#7  
Green_Ranger's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M Cross

Hello-

I received a Samsung 16gb SD for my LG G3 from my partner this weekend. Since installing it and adding stuff to it every time I click the home screen all my widgets and apps have disappeared and it takes about 5 seconds for them all to return. I have added some apps to the SD card and used smart clean by LG to clean up the internal card. I tried unmounting and soft resetting the phone as someone mentioned a fix when browsing the net but still no help.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It is an official SD card by the way as it came with her Galaxy S4. I have the 16GB/ 2g ram version

Is it class 10? well this maybe off topic but I'm using 64gb class 10 from Transcend no issues too or whatsoever. It's also fast when the phone reads it. So i might be thinking that depending on what class your SD card might be since read/transfer rate depends on it. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank