FORUMS

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] LG G3 slow after SD card

27th August 2014, 10:38 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello-

I received a Samsung 16gb SD for my LG G3 from my partner this weekend. Since installing it and adding stuff to it every time I click the home screen all my widgets and apps have disappeared and it takes about 5 seconds for them all to return. I have added some apps to the SD card and used smart clean by LG to clean up the internal card. I tried unmounting and soft resetting the phone as someone mentioned a fix when browsing the net but still no help.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It is an official SD card by the way as it came with her Galaxy S4. I have the 16GB/ 2g ram version
Last edited by Dr M Cross; 27th August 2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Needed to add more information

27th August 2014, 01:57 PM |#2  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 1,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M Cross

Hello-

I received a Samsung 16gb SD for my LG G3 from my partner this weekend. Since installing it and adding stuff to it every time I click the home screen all my widgets and apps have disappeared and it takes about 5 seconds for them all to return. I have added some apps to the SD card and used smart clean by LG to clean up the internal card. I tried unmounting and soft resetting the phone as someone mentioned a fix when browsing the net but still no help.

It is an official SD card by the way as it came with her Galaxy S4. I have the 16GB/ 2g ram version

I would backup all the data and format the SD inside your phone. After that restore data to the SD. Have also done this when going from an SGS4 to the G3. While the card did work, after formatting everything was much faster
27th August 2014, 02:01 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

I would backup all the data and format the SD inside your phone. After that restore data to the SD. Have also done this when going from an SGS4 to the G3. While the card did work, after formatting everything was much faster

Ok cool. I did format the card when I plugged it in the first time so will copy everything over to my Pc, Format the card using the phone and then copy everything back over. Will update with results later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr M Cross For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 01:42 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Ok cool. I did format the card when I plugged it in the first time so will copy everything over to my Pc, Format the card using the phone and then copy everything back over. Will update with results later.

So did everything as requested and still the phone is slow. However I did notice that when the card was wiped the phone still stuttered. Could it be that the SD card is too slow to read from?

Had to delete apps. Nothing was connected!
Last edited by Dr M Cross; 28th August 2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Update
9th February 2015, 11:46 PM |#5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i have a 64GB Samsung SDXC ard and yes it slows the whole phone down i think its got something to do with Samsung not playing well with LG soon as a replaced mine with a Team branded sdxc card it worked again shame the Samsung one was meany to be a fast card
10th February 2015, 01:48 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I am using a samsung evo 32gb class 10 card no such issue
Last edited by Zenroid; 10th February 2015 at 01:57 AM.
10th February 2015, 02:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Hello-

Is it class 10? well this maybe off topic but I'm using 64gb class 10 from Transcend no issues too or whatsoever. It's also fast when the phone reads it. So i might be thinking that depending on what class your SD card might be since read/transfer rate depends on it. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread