Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G3 stuck at logo

Tip us?

&me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] LG G3 stuck at logo

Hello,
I have a vanilla LG G3 (without any carrier branding) which shutted down last night with 37% of battery.
After my first try to reboot it, it stucked at the LG Logo screen. It removed the battery and restarted several times.
Nothing happened. After fully charging the battery,

1. I tried to factory reset the phone: I confirmed the data loss with 2 times "yes" and then it was showing the logo again ... for hours.
2. I tried to boot into download mode , but I only geht some Text:
Fastboot mode started
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
fastboot processing commands

With my pc, I can see the device by typing "fastboot devices" as "???????????? fastboot".

Any idea how to get the device running again?

ADRIANPG
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by &me View Post
Hello,
I have a vanilla LG G3 (without any carrier branding) which shutted down last night with 37% of battery.
After my first try to reboot it, it stucked at the LG Logo screen. It removed the battery and restarted several times.
Nothing happened. After fully charging the battery,

1. I tried to factory reset the phone: I confirmed the data loss with 2 times "yes" and then it was showing the logo again ... for hours.
2. I tried to boot into download mode , but I only geht some Text:
Fastboot mode started
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
fastboot processing commands

With my pc, I can see the device by typing "fastboot devices" as "???????????? fastboot".

Any idea how to get the device running again?
you are in a "hard brick". This happened to me on my droid razr m and I cannot seem to get the software needed to follow directions I found on you tube. every place ive tried to download it from loads me up with malware.. you can try update repair using lg pc suite. also, I ve seen threads were people have brought back there g2 from nasty things like this. you can find them in the phandroid forums under g2-all things rooted and use as a guideline. one method was using unbutu on a flash drive??? Or if you were not rooted just get a replacement from were you bought it or lg. good luck.

&me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADRIANPG View Post
you are in a "hard brick". This happened to me on my droid razr m and I cannot seem to get the software needed to follow directions I found on you tube. every place ive tried to download it from loads me up with malware.. you can try update repair using lg pc suite. also, I ve seen threads were people have brought back there g2 from nasty things like this. you can find them in the phandroid forums under g2-all things rooted and use as a guideline. one method was using unbutu on a flash drive??? Or if you were not rooted just get a replacement from were you bought it or lg. good luck.
Okay thanks. I didn't do any flashing/rooting activities. I'll do a replacement with LG.