Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LG G3 thermal mitigation daemon problems!!!

OP dkarl403

23rd August 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Borlange
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I have turned High temperature property OFF to ON, and everything works fine. no lag, no problems. I can run antutu 5 four times in a row (with 100% brightness) without getting the phone ridiculously hot, no overheating probs none so ever. Getting scores from 34 000 - 37 000

BUT when i turn the thermal mitigation daemon ON, the problems with overheating comes along with it. I have tested to run antutu 5 several times with the screen brightness as low as 10% and the phone still gets stuck at 21% of full test in antutu 5 (CPU testing mode), showing a message of overheating and then turn the G3 off. The thing is that the phone still doesnt feel that warm at all.

I'm starting to smell software issues....

Anyone having the same issues? or tips on what I can do to resolve this?.
23rd August 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag near Montreal
Thanks Meter: 47

505 posts
More
This is a know issue of this "mod"
23rd August 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 243

1,114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarl403

I have turned High temperature property OFF to ON, and everything works fine. no lag, no problems. I can run antutu 5 four times in a row (with 100% brightness) without getting the phone ridiculously hot, no overheating probs none so ever. Getting scores from 34 000 - 37 000

BUT when i turn the thermal mitigation daemon ON, the problems with overheating comes along with it. I have tested to run antutu 5 several times with the screen brightness as low as 10% and the phone still gets stuck at 21% of full test in antutu 5 (CPU testing mode), showing a message of overheating and then turn the G3 off. The thing is that the phone still doesnt feel that warm at all.

Anyone having the same issues? or tips on what I can do to resolve this?.

These "mods" are only meant for testing and not for daily use. There's a reason why the phones are shipped without them and that's to stop them from overheating.
23rd August 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 774

3,068 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarl403

Well, no, That's how it's supposed to be.

Quote:

Anyone having the same issues?

Yes, of course.

Quote:

or tips on what I can do to resolve this?.

Disable them again as they are useless anyway
24th August 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 93

580 posts
You don't feel it, but if you monitor the CPU I believe it reaches 80C faster than the heat can dissipate at the back of frame and that causes the phone to automatically shut off before the CPU gets fried. Happens to mine too buddy. It works fine as long as you don't run any benchmark. Never had it shut off with the thermal daemon ON while doing normal stuff like gaming. Don't ever play demanding stuff while charging either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread