5,814,863 Members 48,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G3 thermal mitigation daemon problems!!!

Tip us?

dkarl403
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] LG G3 thermal mitigation daemon problems!!!

I have turned High temperature property OFF to ON, and everything works fine. no lag, no problems. I can run antutu 5 four times in a row (with 100% brightness) without getting the phone ridiculously hot, no overheating probs none so ever. Getting scores from 34 000 - 37 000

BUT when i turn the thermal mitigation daemon ON, the problems with overheating comes along with it. I have tested to run antutu 5 several times with the screen brightness as low as 10% and the phone still gets stuck at 21% of full test in antutu 5 (CPU testing mode), showing a message of overheating and then turn the G3 off. The thing is that the phone still doesnt feel that warm at all.

I'm starting to smell software issues....

Anyone having the same issues? or tips on what I can do to resolve this?.

mathsmart
Old
Thanks Meter 38
This is a know issue of this "mod"

Batfink33
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarl403 View Post
I have turned High temperature property OFF to ON, and everything works fine. no lag, no problems. I can run antutu 5 four times in a row (with 100% brightness) without getting the phone ridiculously hot, no overheating probs none so ever. Getting scores from 34 000 - 37 000

BUT when i turn the thermal mitigation daemon ON, the problems with overheating comes along with it. I have tested to run antutu 5 several times with the screen brightness as low as 10% and the phone still gets stuck at 21% of full test in antutu 5 (CPU testing mode), showing a message of overheating and then turn the G3 off. The thing is that the phone still doesnt feel that warm at all.

Anyone having the same issues? or tips on what I can do to resolve this?.
These "mods" are only meant for testing and not for daily use. There's a reason why the phones are shipped without them and that's to stop them from overheating.

Pfeffernuss
Old
Thanks Meter 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarl403 View Post
Well, no, That's how it's supposed to be.

Quote:
Anyone having the same issues?
Yes, of course.

Quote:
or tips on what I can do to resolve this?.
Disable them again as they are useless anyway

LG G3 32GB D855 Stock Android 4.4.2 V10i Rom Stock kernel Tethered recovery
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 GE Danvdh 27-06-2014 Googy kernel XXUFNA1
Nexus7 2013 Flo Android 4.4.3 ElementalX 2.12 kernel KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 AOKP CM10.3 Default kernel
HTC Flyer 3G ICS Yetki 1.2 ChaosX 2.6.35.10 kernel

helikido
Old
Thanks Meter 92
You don't feel it, but if you monitor the CPU I believe it reaches 80C faster than the heat can dissipate at the back of frame and that causes the phone to automatically shut off before the CPU gets fried. Happens to mine too buddy. It works fine as long as you don't run any benchmark. Never had it shut off with the thermal daemon ON while doing normal stuff like gaming. Don't ever play demanding stuff while charging either.