Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 38,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G3 Three UK Signal Dropping

Tip us?

jodvova
Old
Thanks Meter 59
On my g3 D855 I have to go to 3845 menu after every reboot to enable LTE. If I don't do it the phone won't connect to 4G on three network.

The menu called RAT selection under LTE only.

Shermo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I sometimes get H+ so it's possible with Three. Got an update to 10G firmware yesterday but I'm away from home this week so not sure if it has fixed my issues or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shermo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stigslim
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My brother just got a g3 on three, we work at the same place and he gets H+ stood next to me when I don't. I have LTE auto set in network settings so I figure it must be enabled in the 3845 menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to stigslim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willy01
Old
(Last edited by willy01; 14th August 2014 at 02:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
When I'm not in a 4G area mine just shows H also, haven't seen H+ and there hasn't been any speed degradation.
I haven't realised any speed degradation, you are right. But it is quite strange we can not see H+ when other users posted they have seen it. Do you have any idea why?

Edit:
Already found the answer. If you go to settings-about the phone-network then the mobile network type shows HSPAD which is same as H+. The problem is that LG just shows H in the toolbar but it is connected to H+

DearlyDeparted
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm on Vodafone, and I notice that when I lose signal in weak 2G area it takes ages for the G3 to pick up signal, sometimes even resorting to resetting the device.

Hopefully an update can fix this. I haven't noticed if the recent update has had any effect on it.

Curleyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 0

stigslim
Old
(Last edited by stigslim; 20th August 2014 at 08:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Got a call from three yesterday. Was told there was a mast problem in my area and that it could take up to 30 days to fix. I don't mind waiting if that's the case but i have a sneaky suspicion they may be batting me off. What this space for a 30 day update.

Edit:
Have finally seen a 4G signal pop up, so far it's been a bit sketchy and doesn't stick around for long but it's a start. Hopefully it can only get better

Tags
issue, signal