Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Does no one have a fix for this? Stock lockscreen weather app - location won't set!

OP tstretch

25th August 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

190 posts
I have a Verizon LG G3, stock unrooted. It is supposed to show weather info on the locksceen or when you close the cover, using the QuickCircle case. The weather info is powered by Accuweather, but when I close the QuickCircle case, it consistently says "Set cities in weather app" and doesn't show any weather info for my phone. Looking at just the lock screen, it doesn't show anything weather related at all.

The location IS set in the Accuweather app and displays correctly on my home screen.

When I go to Settings - Lockscreen - Weather Animation - the check box isn't checked. When i click it, it asks me to add a location. I am prompted to enter a location and do so. But when i do it says that the location "already exists". That is correct - I can see that it exists in the accuweather app on the home screen, however no cities are set for the LOCKSCREEN display of the app..

Its like the lockscreen function of the app can't store or access a saved city...??

I have tried clearing the data for the Weather app, and the LG keyguard app but neither worked.

Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by tstretch; 27th August 2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: modify title
25th August 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch

I have a Verizon LG G3. It is supposed to show weather info on the locksceen or when you close the cover, using the QuickCircle case. The weather info is powered by Accuweather, but when I close the QuickCircle case, it consistently says "Set cities in weather app" and doesn't show any weather info for my phone. Looking at just the lock screen, it doesn't show anything weather related at all.

The location IS set in the Accuweather app and displays correctly on my home screen.

When I go to Settings - Lockscreen - Weather Animation - the check box isn't clicked. When i click it, it asks me to add a location. I click YES, and am prompted to enter a location. When i do that, it says that location is "already exists". And clearly I can see it exists in the accuweather app on the home screen.

Its like the lockscreen function of the app can't store/access a saved city...??

I have tried clearing the data for the Weather app, and the LG keyguard app but neither worked.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have the same issue, the check box stays empty and won't set. I'm on UK O2 G firmware.
25th August 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Have the same issue, the check box stays empty and won't set. I'm on UK O2 G firmware.

I'm 100% stock and unrooted running 10B.
27th August 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstretch

I'm 100% stock and unrooted running 10B.

ping... Help please! Someone..???
29th August 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

190 posts
I'm not sure which is the following instructions resolved the issue, but I now have a location set for my weather on the lock screen. If you too, are having this issue try the following procedure....

1. Remove any weather widgets from your home screens.

2. Clear the cache, and data, and force stop all 3 weather related apps. To do this, go to Settings, application manager, and then flick right until you get to the list of all programs. You should see one called weather, one called weather theme, and one called weather platform. Do this for all 3 apps.

3. Turn on Location. I used the power saving mode and this worked fine.

4. Add the 2 X 1 sized widget to your home screen. Do not add the 5 by 2 widget. Click it, and set your location via the current location button. Do not manually type in a location.

5. Go back to your home screen and verify you have weather data for where you are. Then turn off your screen and verify you have weather data on your lock screen.

Hope this helps!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
30th August 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 279

839 posts
turn on location and choose the one with network assist.
turn on wifi.
remove the set city.
then add your hometown and other cities.

if you want weather animations on lockscreen, enable sync.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread