Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Am I making a mistake getting Find 7?

OP dud3me

24th August 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 243

1,110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph8tr

Good news/bad news. The good? The game ran flawlessly on my G3 without any force close, though it's not my cup of tea. Bad? You may have some other issue with your phone. Possibly something you've installed is interacting with the game(s)? Are you using ART, it's still beta and can have issues with some apps? I didn't have any issues running it, but switched back to Dalvik after rooting because xposed doesn't play with ART. There are differences in our G3's , I have 3gb/32gb and we have different radio frequencies but that shouldn't make a difference here. In my experience, custom roms/kernels add function, speed and battery life but more often than not at the cost of stability. Waiting for a custom rom to fix your stability issue might not be the best strategy. Good luck squashing your bug!!!

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

On line reviews have shown that frame rate can be affected slightly with some games, but I've yet to use an app or game where this was noticeable in real world use and most of those same on line reviews have stated the same. Every game I've played has run fine and looked good...every one! QHD may have an impact, but "underpowered" is a bit of a stretch.

I was a bit "over the top" with "underpowered". I would say the 801 is at its upper limits in rendering all the pixels. The screen is also using a lot of power and creating more heat which is causing throttling which in turn is causing performance issues(see Samsung's new QHD display tech which uses less power). The 2/16gb model which we have in the UK is pretty horrible to use, a lot of redraws,lag and stutter.
24th August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #12  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 24

154 posts
More
I got the 16/2 model. I find it's good. Greenified most apps. Always have about 500mb-800mb free ram. Using apex, kept in memory no redraws. Running 10j, ART. I like the phone :P
24th August 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #13  
Hoffman Estates, IL
Thanks Meter: 337

1,117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapruk

im using D855(10j) playing brave frontier with all effect on and it getting force close almost everytime..

This is true. If you crank the graphics in BF it does indeed crash out. A lot. Nexus 7 does it too though not quite as much as it's lower res than we are but higher than 1080 on the same platform so it struggles with the maxed effects/drops.
24th August 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 67

556 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidInsanity

Xcam mod? Thought That was just for g2?

yup.working like a charm.though it will FC your original LG CAM APP..

only installed the apk without the binaries
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread