Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

McAfee pin after factory reset

Tip us?

bobsie41
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Default McAfee pin after factory reset

Could anybody assist please. I have bought a G3 from somebody on ebay and when I start it up, the device is asking for a MacAfee pin. Without this pin, download and factory reset are both disabled. I have not been able to get in touch with the seller yet however, from what I have been reading, after a factory reset, this will happen even if the user hasn't even opened the MacAfee app previously.
Could anybody help with this or have any experience with similar?

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41 View Post
Could anybody assist please. I have bought a G3 from somebody on ebay and when I start it up, the device is asking for a MacAfee pin. Without this pin, download and factory reset are both disabled. I have not been able to get in touch with the seller yet however, from what I have been reading, after a factory reset, this will happen even if the user hasn't even opened the MacAfee app previously.
Could anybody help with this or have any experience with similar?
Can you post a screenshot of the mcafee screen? Also have you tried powering the phone off holding vol down and power to get into the boot menu and trying a reset from there?

You may have to press vol up on the screen to get into the boot menu.
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones
Sony Ericsson T28s, Nokia 8210, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6100, Samsung V200, Samsung D500, Sharp 802, HTC Diamond, LG Viewty, LG Prada, Orange SPV, HTC HD2, Nexus One, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Nexus S, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 (LOST), iPhone 5S

bobsie41
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleski75 View Post
Can you post a screenshot of the mcafee screen? Also have you tried powering the phone off holding vol down and power to get into the boot menu and trying a reset from there?

You may have to press vol up on the screen to get into the boot menu.
I can't post a screen shot as my device isn't functional and I don't have a camera however my screen is pretty much this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=1 without the 'wrong pin too many times' warning.

I tried the reset option that you mentioned but this is disabled by the security as is download mode.

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
I can't post a screen shot as my device isn't functional and I don't have a camera however my screen is pretty much this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=1 without the 'wrong pin too many times' warning.

I tried the reset option that you mentioned but this is disabled by the security as is download mode.
Ah bugger what happens if you click on the link which says forgot your pin?
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones
Sony Ericsson T28s, Nokia 8210, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6100, Samsung V200, Samsung D500, Sharp 802, HTC Diamond, LG Viewty, LG Prada, Orange SPV, HTC HD2, Nexus One, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Nexus S, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 (LOST), iPhone 5S

bobsie41
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Ah bugger what happens if you click on the link which says forgot your pin?
I get directed here: https://lge.mcafeemobilesecurity.com...-password.aspx I'm hoping if/when the sellar responds to my messages, I can somehow get a pin using the mobile number of the card that he used.

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
I get directed here: https://lge.mcafeemobilesecurity.com...-password.aspx I'm hoping if/when the sellar responds to my messages, I can somehow get a pin using the mobile number of the card that he used.
Looks like this guy had the same issue maybe worth giving them a PM and see if they can assist?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782395
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones
The Following User Says Thank You to daleski75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobsie41
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Looks like this guy had the same issue maybe worth giving them a PM and see if they can assist?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782395
I've already messaged him and another one I found. Thanks for trying to help.

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
I've already messaged him and another one I found. Thanks for trying to help.
Hopefully the seller will get back to you and curious is it a UK seller with a D855 or a Korean model?
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones

bobsie41
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Hopefully the seller will get back to you and curious is it a UK seller with a D855 or a Korean model?
No, it's a uk model. The seller has got back to me. The code was 123456 (obviously )
It's a 3UK version. I assume I can flash the generic uk kdz? I'm on EE.

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
No, it's a uk model. The seller has got back to me. The code was 123456 (obviously )
It's a 3UK version. I assume I can flash the generic uk kdz? I'm on EE.
Not sure too be honest and I would stick with the 3UK firmware as this seems to support all LTE bands and the generic EU version seems to have an issue with certain 4G bands from what I have read here.
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones

The Following User Says Thank You to daleski75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]