Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Micro-SD speed capability

Tip us?

dex.
Old
Thanks Meter 21
rather than the quick test as I did previously, I enabled and performed an "accurate - with reboot" test. managed 44MB/sec write with 75MB/sec read , so a clear benefit over a slower card.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1406625951698.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (55.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 1406625981978.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (61.6 KB, 93 views)

dex.
Old
Thanks Meter 21
since I went from 10e to 10g the SD card write speeds are up noticeably, to consistently above 55MB/sec (57 on the screenshot)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1407135060600.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (62.0 KB, 107 views)

lao3hero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex. View Post
since I went from 10e to 10g the SD card write speeds are up noticeably, to consistently above 55MB/sec (57 on the screenshot)

Hi all, in summary, appreciate it if some kind soul could post the link of the card to purchase? Say, in Amazon? Many thanks!

dex.
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lao3hero View Post
Hi all, in summary, appreciate it if some kind soul could post the link of the card to purchase? Say, in Amazon? Many thanks!
I bought this new-version Samsung Pro 64GB card: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J29DHS2
...for the bargain price of 34.99 with free delivery Bought one, in full retail packaging with the SD adapter. Tested, confirmed was genuine, so bought a second for my camera before they went out of stock at that price!

I used this seller http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main?...=AQ15E2WUD246B
...though they currently don't have anything for sale

kd_bui
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same micro SD card (Samsung Pro 64 GB) and I am not getting the same read and write speed. I get read 57 MBps and write 36.27 MBps. Did you format the micro SD in any particular format or use the stock format? Please help. Thanks in advance.

dex.
Old
(Last edited by dex.; 28th August 2014 at 09:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_bui View Post
I have the same micro SD card (Samsung Pro 64 GB) and I am not getting the same read and write speed. I get read 57 MBps and write 36.27 MBps. Did you format the micro SD in any particular format or use the stock format? Please help. Thanks in advance.
I reformatted the card in the phone when I first put it in.

I have re-run the accurate test just now and only got 74.30 mbps read and 27mbps write
Re-ran the test straight away (bearing in mind the phone needed to reboot between the write and read in the first test) and got 60mbps write and 76.79 mbps read.
Re-ran again and got 76.79mbps read and 60.24mbps write.

Not sure if uptime, free RAM or other open applications has an impact on write performance. Will try again later and see if it does.

On 10H at the moment. My impressions is that with each new version the speeds improve. Memory card only has 16GB free out of 64GB.