Turn off notification for battery fully charged

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 40
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd October 2014, 09:27 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0
This works for me
I have a Verizon LG G3, and this works for me:

To avoid the repeated Battery Fully Charged notification, plug your phone charger into the phone. Then go into Settings>General>Battery (under Phone Management), and select Battery Information. You should see a graph of Battery Usage Level. Turn the phone off using the button on the back. You should get one notification when the battery is fully charged and the notification LED will turn from red to green. Note: if you receive a call, text or voice message, you'll probably have to repeat the steps.
5th November 2014, 09:21 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 61
You should complain to LG Mostly Non-rood Users...than LG have to fix it in the next Updates...
29th November 2014, 07:31 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior

Light Manager is for the notification light. Whats happening is the phone vibrates, makes a tone, and turns the screen on every 10 seconds or so.

I noticed last night that it does eventually stop notifying after a while.. I think. I plugged in around 11pm.. some time around 4am it woke me up, I continued to monitor the notification trigger every ~10 seconds for about an hour.. I finally put it in the drawer so I can get some sleep.. when I woke up around 9am I noticed it was no longer notifying me every ~10 seconds that the battery was charged. So I'm not sure what's going on. I have my Verizon model and my wife's Sprint model (which doesn't have this problem) both using the same type of usb cable, charger and wall outlet so I know its not a low power issue coming from the charger.

You can since this using an app called If this Then That. It allows me to silence the phone at say 11pm when i go to bed then turn it back up in the morning. Just solves the symptoms, but its a good solution if you don't want to root the phone.
29th November 2014, 08:11 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 645
You can use Tasker to avoid this.

Create two profiles.

Battery mute:
State > Battery level between 99% and 100%
State > Power = Any

Invoke the following action: Notification volume = 0.

Then create an unmute profile:
Event > Battery Full triggers Notification level = (whatever level you like)

Only notifications are silenced, not the ringer. You will only miss alerts while the battery is charging and is at 99%. As soon as it hits 100%, the second profile turns the alerts back on.

29th March 2015, 03:54 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 1
"Remove" LG G3 Full Battery alert (root only)
After downloading and changing the extension of the attached file from .doc to .ogg., use a root file manager to go into system/media/audio/ui and replace the current BatteryFull.ogg. It's a sound file with no sound. The phone will still register a full battery and try to notify you it but you won't hear a thing.
Attached Files
File Type: doc FullBattery.doc - [Click for QR Code] (81.6 KB, 322 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to whistlerva For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2015, 09:43 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 8
Originally Posted by kenyu73

I rooted and found [ /system/media/audio/FullBattery.ogg ] and renamed this audio file. It'll still vibrate, but no sound now. When you long press the notification, it says its part of "System UI" so it looks like its not easily removable.

This is a good fix for the sound but even then, the phone vibrating every 15 seconds for 3-4 hours cant be good for the motor..

Id rather not use xposed until its out of beta

Considering how long the phone takes to charge and the fact most people leave it by their bed overnight LG really needs to sort this out.
7th November 2015, 06:12 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 16
Use App Ops to remove the Vibrate permission from System UI. Combine this with the FullBattery.ogg trick mentioned earlier (and optionally do the same for LG_Cable_Connect.ogg) and you are set, but rather than download the .doc you can just copy the existing SilentRing.ogg to take the place of the offending file. I have yet to notice any side effects from doing this and other apps can still vibrate.
Both of these tasks require root. There are apps which can access the underlying AppOps implementation by installing themselves to the system and rebooting. These are available on the Play Store. Some might stubbornly refuse to let you alter system app permissions, but the one by nowsky worked for me; simply find System UI under Media and turn Vibrate off. Alternatively, if you install Xposed, you can use AppOpsXposed for this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread