XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone freezing after phone call ends

Tip us?

catatonix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Phone freezing after phone call ends

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there is a solution. There are some other posts I found on this problem but on different phones. I can't believe I'm the only G3 owner having this problem. About half the times I receive or make a phone call, after the call ends, phone becomes completely unresponsive for about 5 to 10 seconds. Can't swipe to next screen, nothing. If the other person ends the call first then I'm stuck at the dialer interface. I can't even reboot the phone. I am rooted with IOroot and using Titanium backup and have frozen all the AT&T bloatware and some LG apps. I finally put Apex launcher on phone hoping this might solve problem. It has solved all remaining laggyness but still having the problem with freezing after phone call ends.

I have Exposed Installer and G3 Tweakbox installed. No other modules installed and this has been happening since before rooting.
I added screenshots of all the apps I froze withTB.

If anyone has some ideas on what I could do to solve this I would appreciate your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-18_A.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (164.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-18_B.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (159.0 KB, 18 views)

p70shooter
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by catatonix View Post
Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there is a solution. There are some other posts I found on this problem but on different phones. I can't believe I'm the only G3 owner having this problem. About half the times I receive or make a phone call, after the call ends, phone becomes completely unresponsive for about 5 to 10 seconds. Can't swipe to next screen, nothing. If the other person ends the call first then I'm stuck at the dialer interface. I can't even reboot the phone. I am rooted with IOroot and using Titanium backup and have frozen all the AT&T bloatware and some LG apps. I finally put Apex launcher on phone hoping this might solve problem. It has solved all remaining laggyness but still having the problem with freezing after phone call ends.

I have Exposed Installer and G3 Tweakbox installed. No other modules installed and this has been happening since before rooting.
I added screenshots of all the apps I froze withTB.

If anyone has some ideas on what I could do to solve this I would appreciate your help.
I've got this problem as well. Touchscreen being unresponsive after someone hangs up on me. I have no solution tho just looking for an answer myself. Only way round it for me is a battery pull but would be nice to know how to fix it.
I'm not sorry for my crap english, I'm Cornish.

p70shooter
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by catatonix View Post

Someone has told me why on Google +, well it will fix it for me. If you have disabled knock on/off and your on a certain firmware it is a known issue that the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. So hopefully you are in the same boat as me and you just need to enable knock on.
I'm not sorry for my crap english, I'm Cornish.

catatonix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by p70shooter View Post
Someone has told me why on Google +, well it will fix it for me. If you have disabled knock on/off and your on a certain firmware it is a known issue that the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. So hopefully you are in the same boat as me and you just need to enable knock on.
Thanks p70shooter. I did disable the Knock on feature, comes on in my pocket too much. Maybe this will be addressed in a future update as well as the freezing issue. I will give this solution a try and see what happens.