[Q] Phone freezing after phone call ends

OP catatonix

19th August 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there is a solution. There are some other posts I found on this problem but on different phones. I can't believe I'm the only G3 owner having this problem. About half the times I receive or make a phone call, after the call ends, phone becomes completely unresponsive for about 5 to 10 seconds. Can't swipe to next screen, nothing. If the other person ends the call first then I'm stuck at the dialer interface. I can't even reboot the phone. I am rooted with IOroot and using Titanium backup and have frozen all the AT&T bloatware and some LG apps. I finally put Apex launcher on phone hoping this might solve problem. It has solved all remaining laggyness but still having the problem with freezing after phone call ends.

I have Exposed Installer and G3 Tweakbox installed. No other modules installed and this has been happening since before rooting.
I added screenshots of all the apps I froze withTB.

If anyone has some ideas on what I could do to solve this I would appreciate your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-18_A.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (164.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-18_B.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (159.0 KB, 18 views)
19th August 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 316

816 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catatonix

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there is a solution. There are some other posts I found on this problem but on different phones. I can't believe I'm the only G3 owner having this problem. About half the times I receive or make a phone call, after the call ends, phone becomes completely unresponsive for about 5 to 10 seconds. Can't swipe to next screen, nothing. If the other person ends the call first then I'm stuck at the dialer interface. I can't even reboot the phone. I am rooted with IOroot and using Titanium backup and have frozen all the AT&T bloatware and some LG apps. I finally put Apex launcher on phone hoping this might solve problem. It has solved all remaining laggyness but still having the problem with freezing after phone call ends.

I have Exposed Installer and G3 Tweakbox installed. No other modules installed and this has been happening since before rooting.
I added screenshots of all the apps I froze withTB.

If anyone has some ideas on what I could do to solve this I would appreciate your help.

I've got this problem as well. Touchscreen being unresponsive after someone hangs up on me. I have no solution tho just looking for an answer myself. Only way round it for me is a battery pull but would be nice to know how to fix it.
19th August 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 316

816 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catatonix

Someone has told me why on Google +, well it will fix it for me. If you have disabled knock on/off and your on a certain firmware it is a known issue that the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. So hopefully you are in the same boat as me and you just need to enable knock on.
20th August 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p70shooter

Someone has told me why on Google +, well it will fix it for me. If you have disabled knock on/off and your on a certain firmware it is a known issue that the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. So hopefully you are in the same boat as me and you just need to enable knock on.

Thanks p70shooter. I did disable the Knock on feature, comes on in my pocket too much. Maybe this will be addressed in a future update as well as the freezing issue. I will give this solution a try and see what happens.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread