Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 Receives CyanogenMod 12.1

Released in 2013, the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 is the quad-core Snapdragon … more

Sunday Debate: Corporate Cyanogen Good for Android?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Cyanogen Inc. Come with your opinions and feel … more

AOSP Lollipop 5.1.0 for LG Optimus 4X HD

One of the main rivals of the legendary Samsung Galaxy SIII, the LG Optimus 4X HD has received … more

S6 Pre-orders on T-Mobile are Arriving

T-Mobile appears to be first off the mark with delivering the S6, as some customers are already … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Photosphere on LG G3

8th July 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 21
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Hey guys, I'm planning to order the LG G3 from AT&T today but wanted to first check if the photo sphere works. I hear there are issues with the focus (maybe something related to the laser focus). Could someone with an LG G3 install the google camera and give it a try reporting on the quality of the image?

THANK YOU!
8th July 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #2  
vimto25's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burton-On-Trent,UK
Thanks Meter: 31
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Donate to Me
More
Google camera works great. Here is a few pics. Focuses in very quick too. No settings for 4k recording tho. Sorry for the boring pics lol, i would say image quility is just as good from a stock google camera app
Last edited by vimto25; 8th July 2014 at 07:47 AM.
8th July 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 21
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimto25

Google camera works great. Here is a few pics. Focuses in very quick too. No settings for 4k recording tho. Sorry for the boring pics lol, i would say image quility is just as good from a stock google camera app

Thanks for the reply. Can you give the photosphere a try and see if the pictures still come out clean? I've that while the camera app works, the photo sphere doesn't. Thanks!
8th July 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #4  
vimto25's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burton-On-Trent,UK
Thanks Meter: 31
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Donate to Me
More
Well i havnt used that before but just took 1 so not sure if it does work properly
8th July 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 21
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vimto25

Well i havnt used that before but just took 1 so not sure if it does work properly

Thanks for this. I think it looks okay but this is a partial image. Any way to take the full one? Thanks again.
3rd August 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
So how do you view a photosphere on the G3?
3rd August 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #7  
uicnren's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozdalga

Hey guys, I'm planning to order the LG G3 from AT&T today but wanted to first check if the photo sphere works. I hear there are issues with the focus (maybe something related to the laser focus). Could someone with an LG G3 install the google camera and give it a try reporting on the quality of the image?

THANK YOU!

I did one very quickly...

https://plus.google.com/103702258509...ts/Qk2V9Urvhjt
Last edited by uicnren; 3rd August 2014 at 03:30 PM.
3rd August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #8  
iLHaNroID's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Google camera and Google Photos apps are all you need (Photos comes with G+ app, not as a standalone app) I have taken some photosphere pics both in and outdoors without issues, worked well and the results were quite impressive on each. Again, stock gallery app doesn't support this feature.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes