Specs: 16GB Storage, 2GB RAM, OS upped to Android 5.0 Lolipop
After spending some time playing around with the unit without a sim card, I came across some less fun facts about this G3 which are as following:
1. The unit gets warm/hot pretty easily under normal use, an app called CPUZ detects that some temps would go up to 70*celcius.
2. Battery drains a bit to fast under normal use.
3. Sometimes brightness can't be set past 90 with a warning message saying something like "brightness can't go 100% due to high temp" pops out.
4. Camera would sometimes crash and render unusable before the system is restarted.
5. It's either I didn't know how to properly use the camera (but I believe I did cause I used it the way people demonstrate it over the internet) or the autofocus no longer works the way it should as it always fails to freeze moving objects during a capture. Not to mention grainy in low light.
6. When brightness is set to Auto, the screen would turn way to dim. It seems as though it's nothing like an ambient light sensor because the brightness won't turn brighter nor dimmer in any light situations.
7. There are some seemingly minor scratches on the laser and the camera, I would like to know if they affect some performance.
That's it for now, everything else seems to be in great condition. Do you guys think I should use the remaining official warranty time to RMA it while still can?
Thank you for reading!