Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 52,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poor call quality / distortion / noise , anyone else?

Tip us?

BlueC78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Poor call quality / distortion / noise , anyone else?

LG-D855 here on UK Orange (EE) network. I get quite bad noise on voice calls. I think I am clear to the other party but I can hear a bad static sound whenever they talk, it is quite irritating.

Call quality is clear on bluetooth, and and when on loud speaker, it only happens when using the normal internal speaker.

Has anyone else experienced this? Since it is not present across all speaker modes I think it is not a network issue and more likely hardware - I am wondering if I have a faulty handset?

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueC78 View Post
LG-D855 here on UK Orange (EE) network. I get quite bad noise on voice calls. I think I am clear to the other party but I can hear a bad static sound whenever they talk, it is quite irritating.

Call quality is clear on bluetooth, and and when on loud speaker, it only happens when using the normal internal speaker.

Has anyone else experienced this? Since it is not present across all speaker modes I think it is not a network issue and more likely hardware - I am wondering if I have a faulty handset?
im on ee and its clear so think its the phone take it back if i was you
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueC78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
im on ee and its clear so think its the phone take it back if i was you
Thanks that is useful. I wondered if it was an EE issue as I had problems with their hd voice codec on a different android handset. But I have just done a lot of testing and it definitely is only when on the normal internal speaker, which really makes me think it is a hardware fault.

Will phone CPW and get it swapped.

BlueC78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Uh, how to unroot?

gsw5700
Old
Thanks Meter 507
I'm on 3 and the call quality is excellent, I can now use the phone in places where I couldn't with my s3
The Following User Says Thank You to gsw5700 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1473
Quote:
Uh, how to unroot?
Don't worry about it there not going to know about if it's rooted just uninstall supersu or superuser which ever you have

Dubhar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mine has had good call quality on the hd voice codec, but it drops to a lower codec really quickly during a call, not sure why. and that seams to have a little static. Cant remember if this was what calls were normally like on my old phone though.

BlueC78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubhar View Post
Mine has had good call quality on the hd voice codec, but it drops to a lower codec really quickly during a call, not sure why. and that seams to have a little static. Cant remember if this was what calls were normally like on my old phone though.
Hmmmm. I tested again today and the noise is all gone: calls are crystal clear. I really don't understand what is going on, or whether it is software or hardware related.

I suppose it is best to swap it out before I have had it for too long, just in case?

mpt123
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...arity-t2806744
The Following User Says Thank You to mpt123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueC78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt123 View Post
Useful, thanks.