FORUMS

Problem with firmware - showing up as HKG?

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By syphern, Senior Member on 17th August 2014, 09:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys I have the UK version of G3 its 855 version

I flashed the 10a Europe firmware and in the settings it showed v10a-HKG-XX
Then I redownloaded the europe firmware and it still showed the same

Then I used my IMEI to check which version is for my device and downloaded that and it still says HKG - at the moment it says v10h-HKG-XX

So is this not a UK version phone, i got it from amazon?

17th August 2014, 09:24 AM |#2  
UK
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syphern

Hey guys I have the UK version of G3 its 855 version

I flashed the 10a Europe firmware and in the settings it showed v10a-HKG-XX
Then I redownloaded the europe firmware and it still showed the same

Then I used my IMEI to check which version is for my device and downloaded that and it still says HKG - at the moment it says v10h-HKG-XX

So is this not a UK version phone, i got it from amazon?

If less than 14 days I recommend you contact Amazon customer services and request a replacement. Even if bought from Amazon market place. You may find as I did with a Singapore version I received, that I could not get LTE connectivity. The firmware is tied the IMEI.
17th August 2014, 11:16 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah

If less than 14 days I recommend you contact Amazon customer services and request a replacement. Even if bought from Amazon market place. You may find as I did with a Singapore version I received, that I could not get LTE connectivity. The firmware is tied the IMEI.

that was indeed the case thank you so much - amazon accepted it back for a full refund - back to my nexus 5... was a nice run with G3
17th August 2014, 11:48 AM |#4  
Flag East Midlands
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hey Syphern, Sounds like the same one i had. Was it from SkynetShopping saying it was uk version and stock held and sent by Amazon? I had one the other day. Set it up and let it do it's updates then checked the version and it said hkg not eur versions, I also had no 4g.
I called LG support which where very helpful and i told them the imei to which they confirmed it was a none UK handset and would have no warranty cover!
Sent it straight back for refund and went in to Carphone warehouse and got one which is all good.
The Following User Says Thank You to DT39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 09:46 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT39

Hey Syphern, Sounds like the same one i had. Was it from SkynetShopping saying it was uk version and stock held and sent by Amazon? I had one the other day. Set it up and let it do it's updates then checked the version and it said hkg not eur versions, I also had no 4g.
I called LG support which where very helpful and i told them the imei to which they confirmed it was a none UK handset and would have no warranty cover!
Sent it straight back for refund and went in to Carphone warehouse and got one which is all good.

thats the seller skynetshopping - scammers... im going to leave a negative review after i get my refund back... not nice going through all this hassle... lol i quite liked the g3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)