Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Problems with d851. Could really use some advice.

OP beyondinferno

27th August 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vallejo
Thanks Meter: 3

372 posts
More
So, I bought it on launch day and I'm getting desperate...

1) Wake screen after receiving notification (text etc). Pull down notification bar, back and multitask soft buttons grey out and phone will not respond. If I'm listening to music when this happens, the song keeps playing until I pull the battery or the phone reboots itself.

2) General lag is awful... More than half the time it has noticeable hangs switching apps or opening anything. I'm down to next to no apps that i've installed and have even tried removing just about everything I have with no improvement. Scrolling stutters about half the time as well. And the image you see with the camera open stutters badly also. Every once in a while it's buttery smooth for a few seconds then slows again.

Battery life is great and I love the form factor of this phone. I REALLY don't want to get rid of it but I'm at the point where it's more important to have a phone that's usable than have the extra screen size etc.

It's bone stock and I haven't tried a factory reset.

Suggestions?
27th August 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

168 posts
Try the factory reset then go from there.
28th August 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,016

4,956 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonspot

Try the factory reset then go from there.

Or reflash the whole firmware using LGFlashTool. Might help.

Sent from my LG-D851
29th August 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vallejo

372 posts
More
Well, I did the factory reset and no lockups or reboots yet. It's still really laggy though :-/
Gonna give it a while longer but I'm thinking it's time to root. What's the "hot setup" for the tmo version of this phone?
29th August 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #5  
Flag Amsterdam, NY

4,956 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondinferno

Well, I did the factory reset and no lockups or reboots yet. It's still really laggy though :-/
Gonna give it a while longer but I'm thinking it's time to root. What's the "hot setup" for the tmo version of this phone?

Hot setup? Just use PurpleDrake.

Sent from my LG-D851
29th August 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vallejo

372 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034

Hot setup? Just use PurpleDrake.

Sent from my LG-D851

I meant rom/mods. I've seen people mention 60fps mod for the camera but I was wondering if there was an international rom that worked with the d851 since we haven't seen any of the updates for this phone yet.
29th August 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 243

1,110 posts
Quote:

I meant rom/mods. I've seen people mention 60fps mod for the camera but I was wondering if there was an international rom that worked with the d851 since we haven't seen any of the updates for this phone yet.

Delete.
30th August 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #8  
Flag Amsterdam, NY

4,956 posts
Quote:

We have the only unlocked bootloader. There are no international roms. SkyDragon is a good rom tho.

Sent from my LG-D851

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread