Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[q] Poor call clarity D855----earpiece crackles during call

OP mpt123

9th July 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 9

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueC78

I called CPW today and they were great. Took it to my local outlet and they swapped it out for a new handset without any hassle at all. They have a 28 day exchange policy which they totally seem to honour.

Not had a lot of chance to test the replacement, but the calls I have made have been crystal clear with no noise, crackling, or distortion. Will update again after a few days.

To re-cap: I had crackling and distortion on the majority of calls but only when using the earpiece - sometime it was worse than other times. It was always fine when in speaker mode or using bluetooth. New handset doesn't seem to have this problem.

which network are you using the phone on?
9th July 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 19

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzimam

which network are you using the phone on?

EE uk (orange). 3g not 4g.
9th July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #13  

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueC78

EE uk (orange). 3g not 4g.

OK thanks

the weird thing is that when using skype its always crystal clear. its just GSM calls, so surely can't be hardware issue can it.

I'm going to try a hard reset, still waiting on the UK rom to download.
10th July 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Flag doha
Thanks Meter: 11

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbak98

Yes I had the same problem with my earpiece. I went to CPW and got it exchanged, which was a bit of a hassle because I had to set the phone up again. Although I do have to say the LG Backup software is actually rather good. Backed up my homescreen layout and settings so not too bad.

However I now have a brand new phone and it has exactly the same issues with crackling and vibration. Almost like the speaker is too loud for itself but it really is not that loud or clear.

Do you think I should try to get another replacement?

I had my phone replacement yesterday with a new one ,the earpiece is very clear though is not that that loud but iam very happy

with it bcz the earpiece on the previous one was so noisy with crackling sounds and i had to use my headphones all the time.

I have seen many reviews with excellent results on call clarity and all , so its shouldnt be a common problem with the phone.

Try to switch the network and compare the clarity , if the results are same then go for replacement.
10th July 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have exactly the same problem... All the way here in HK!

There may be a Faulty production batch. Unfortunately the retailers in HK only do 10 Days Swaps so will have to hit the LG Service Center... hopefully it is covered by the Warranty!
10th July 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #16  

101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaviH

I have exactly the same problem... All the way here in HK!

There may be a Faulty production batch. Unfortunately the retailers in HK only do 10 Days Swaps so will have to hit the LG Service Center... hopefully it is covered by the Warranty!

I bought it from ebay and the seller has arranged a replacement with Three. Remind me to just pay the extra money and buy it sim free
12th July 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #17  

101 posts
Got the replacement already! I've tested out the earpiece and definitely no crackle and its loud.

I will test the rest of the phone and hopefully no issues

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread