[Q&A] [ROM][D855][20H][04.02.2015] --|||..:: ChupaChups Rom 4.0 ::..|||--

Search This thread

harrisnehal

Jan 18, 2013
Karachi
Redmi Note 10
I have LG G3 D855, 16gb version.
Running Kitkat 4.4.2, v10e-214-03.
Rooted by Stump root. Twrp 2.8.0 installed by flashify.
Already made a nandroid backup along with modem & efs.
After backup, um using several tweaks from G3 tweakbox.

I wanna move to stock lollipop rom, without loosing root & twrp.

Can I just flashed this rom by twrp with steps provided in the OP?

After flashing, if I want to comeback to my current version, do I just have to restore nandroid?

Robstaroth

Apr 27, 2015
Heredia
I change USB tethering, but now I can't change it back to storage mode

Suddenly the storage mode, dissapear, after using it 2-3 times. After instaling [ROM][D855][20H][16.02.2015] --|||..:: ChupaChups Rom 4.2...
I´m able now to turn off the usb tether with this widget( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.achmyr.android.froyo&hl=es_419) and activating or deactivating developer options.
But, can´t use storage mode so I can´t use my sd card, lg pc suite, etc.

Robstaroth

Apr 27, 2015
Heredia
I Figured out

Suddenly the storage mode, dissapear, after using it 2-3 times. After instaling [ROM][D855][20H][16.02.2015] --|||..:: ChupaChups Rom 4.2...
I´m able now to turn off the usb tether with this widget( nevermind ) and activating or deactivating developer options.
But, can´t use storage mode so I can´t use my sd card, lg pc suite, etc.

The solution is on the settings, all you have to do is change the view to "list view", then you will be able to see a "PC connection" tab, where you can chage usb settings, etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-27-13-28-27.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-27-13-28-27.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_2015-04-27-13-28-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-27-13-28-45.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 155

swallowtail23

Jan 7, 2014
I'm running latest Chupa Chup on my d855.

I selected to try and use 3minit. Run the app, and no icons are visible apart from the 'offline' ones.
I installed the latest 3minit app from that dev's website (I have the paid one), and that then displays icon to download, but I can't download any apart from the first one I click on, which partially applies over the one that the ROM applies, and results in terminal systemui crashes on reboot.

I have fresh flashed the ROM a few times and tried various options (including adding the apk that the 3minit dev talks about on his website as he has changed the app) but nothing works with this.

Any ideas?

swallowtail23

Jan 7, 2014
I'm running latest Chupa Chup on my d855.

I selected to try and use 3minit. Run the app, and no icons are visible apart from the 'offline' ones.
I installed the latest 3minit app from that dev's website (I have the paid one), and that then displays icon to download, but I can't download any apart from the first one I click on, which partially applies over the one that the ROM applies, and results in terminal systemui crashes on reboot.

I have fresh flashed the ROM a few times and tried various options (including adding the apk that the 3minit dev talks about on his website as he has changed the app) but nothing works with this.

Any ideas?

The Aroma install script for Chupa Chup only lets you choose whether to install 3minit or not if you pick the standard LG themed install... the Android themed install just installs it, no option to leave it out... Any way around that? At this stage I'd rather just leave it out entirely, but the Lollipop theme is SO much better.

DimEatTree

Oct 30, 2014
D855 fast dormancy

Hello all,

For some reason I cannot access the hidden menu through dialer to turn off fast dormancy.
When I enter 3845#*855# nothing happens. When I press dial I get USSD Code running........ Connection error or invalid mmi code.

Is this because of the rom or is it supposed to work?
I'm running chupa version 4.2

Peeyay

Oct 23, 2014
Hello all,

For some reason I cannot access the hidden menu through dialer to turn off fast dormancy.
When I enter 3845#*855# nothing happens. When I press dial I get USSD Code running........ Connection error or invalid mmi code.

Is this because of the rom or is it supposed to work?
I'm running chupa version 4.2

On my G3 (D855) on Chupa Chups 4.2 , it (3845#*855#) opens the hidden menu immediately

king[jahtorx]

Jun 16, 2012
chupachups question

I've tried the former version of this Rom which is one of the best of its kind to fit as well as the custom Rom does on the LG G3/D855. One the flaws on chupachups Rom is excessive heating produced by the device and off course the issue that all devices running lollipop ROM experience, meaning the external sdcard write/read permission issue. No custom rom has indeed solved this problem which is annoying to those who have high capacity sdcards.
You mention on the features that this ROM fix ext SDCard issue as you mentioned on version 3.0 based on 20E, however this issue is not fixed on 3.0 version and I think no version has fixed the issue. Can you guarantee that this version of chupachups ROM fix this write/read issue? Can you make a video or something proving this? Can you prove anyhow?

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

I've tried the former version of this Rom which is one of the best of its kind to fit as well as the custom Rom does on the LG G3/D855. One the flaws on chupachups Rom is excessive heating produced by the device and off course the issue that all devices running lollipop ROM experience, meaning the external sdcard write/read permission issue. No custom rom has indeed solved this problem which is annoying to those who have high capacity sdcards.
You mention on the features that this ROM fix ext SDCard issue as you mentioned on version 3.0 based on 20E, however this issue is not fixed on 3.0 version and I think no version has fixed the issue. Can you guarantee that this version of chupachups ROM fix this write/read issue? Can you make a video or something proving this? Can you prove anyhow?

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

pudeba

Dec 3, 2010
netzwelt.de/lg-g3/153114-lg-g3-direktes-update-android-m-statt-android-51.html

Seems LG will skip Android 5.1 for the G3 and goes straight to Android M. Just like it was with Android 4.4.2 -> Android L (skipping Android 4.4.4). We will see :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome rom, silky smooth and great battery! I'm having one problem though, if I keep scrolling in apps like whatsapp or instagram, they suddenly freeze and I get a message asking to force close it. I don't know if this was fixed in CC 4.2, but I'm currently on 4.1 and haven't had the chance to update.

I also have two features I'd like to request:

1) When adding a new contact, LG's software saves it to phone memory instead of my google account which is where I want it saved by default. If you can add a way so we select google as the default location for contacts, that would be great.

2) For some stupid reason, LG doesn't allow you to preview your notifications on your lock screen by two finger pull down (like in AOSP) when you have more than one message from Whatsapp for example. If you can add this feature also, that would be super.
    Hello. I'm not here ti judge, of course, I just wanted some information. I downloaded and flashed this Rom yesterday, along with Spiderio Battery Saver mod. When I first installed it, for the first 5-10 minutes I found it a bit laggy, honestly. I have tried almost every Rom, both Stock based and CM based, but, I don't know why, this is the slowest one I have tried. Moreover, I once had a freeze for 10 seconds on my phone (never happened before) and also a Launcher crash for my Action Launcher 3, which never actually crashed before. I'm not here to complain, of course, I'm writing this message because I would like to ask you if this is normal. I know the developer of this Rom is really famous, and everyone greeted him for creating this wonderful Rom, but I have found it too laggy for me. I flashed it like I did with the others, with a clean full-wiped flash, since I don't trust dirty flashes, but I'm not really enjoying it, as I'm having the same experiences I had with this phone when it first came out, with the first version of the stock Rom. Could I kindly have some explanations or suggestions about this, if I'm not asking for too much? That would be really, kindly appreciated, since i trust the developer and think that his jobs are great, I don't just want to change Rom as if it was made by a random user. Thanks in advance, I wish you a good day.
    Dont install the spiderio battery mod anymore because LG made it's own improvents in 20H compared to 20F. I had lags too with spiderio's mod but not anymore after flashing this rom without the mod.
    Good rom, but AN HD 9.1 is better for me

Envoyé de mon LG-D855 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Same here.
    Everything else is fine except the known auto-brightness box bug.

check the crash rom post, there is a fix for my error.
    Lags

After using this ROM for a few days, i encountered too much lags,, I will test and Use this ROM for few more days..
    Thanks!