Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q&A] [FIX] Stuck in Custom Recovery [TWRP/CWM] (After trying OTA)

QA Bot
17th October 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Q&A for [FIX] Stuck in Custom Recovery [TWRP/CWM] (After trying OTA)

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:
17th October 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QA Bot

Q&A for [FIX] Stuck in Custom Recovery [TWRP/CWM] (After trying OTA)

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Hello, I tried to update via OTA and I have TWRP installed, after applying the update, I'm stuck at recovery. I have searched google for answers and found this :

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
Type in this codes in TWRP Terminal. After that, I was able to get pass through TWRP, and my G3 has not been updated.

Now the problem is:

1. When I checked my MAC Address, it has changed, same with my SW Version which is from V10i-ESA-XX to V10i-GLOBAL-COM

2. I tried to update via OTA but it tells me that I have already installed the latest version.

3. I have flashed a KDZ file based on my IMEI but the SW version is still GLOBAL, the MAC address too is not my old MAC address anymore

Help ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skylar21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar21

Hello, I tried to update via OTA and I have TWRP installed, after applying the update, I'm stuck at recovery. I have searched google for answers and found this :

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
Type in this codes in TWRP Terminal. After that, I was able to get pass through TWRP, and my G3 has not been updated.

Now the problem is:

1. When I checked my MAC Addr

2. I tried to update via OTA but it tells me that I have already installed the latest version.

3. I have flashed a KDZ file based on my IMEI but the SW version is still GLOBAL, the MAC address too is not my old MAC address anymore

Help ?

Same Here, stuck in TWRP, flashed thru flash tool online via recovery using IMEI and SW version is now in GLOBAL.
I think i successfully flashed it because the powered by ANDROID in boot logo is now bigger than V10i.
17th October 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanpen

Same Here, stuck in TWRP, flashed thru flash tool online via recovery using IMEI and SW version is now in GLOBAL.
I think i successfully flashed it because the powered by ANDROID in boot logo is now bigger than V10i.

I, too, have flashed the latest kdz file, and the update is applied. Hopefully someone can help us
17th October 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar21

I, too, have flashed the latest kdz file, and the update is applied. Hopefully someone can help us

I'm not sure if it matters, it's really an official firmware though changing region.
Functionalities are not affected with this, I'm sure we would still be getting update in the future.
30th October 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
Awesome!
Thanks. Worked perfectly!
31st October 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #7  

7 posts
Thank you
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
6th November 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #8  

7 posts
mine got stuck and i didnt even update but is the only way to update to use factory images in this case or is there a way to either update with already being rooted and unlocked or how can i diable the update that keeps harassing my phone
7th November 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #9  

1 posts
More
great job
I used this and had my G3 running in five minutes.
Thanks so much and great work!
10th November 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #10  

6 posts
I made a restore before flashig a rom, then I found out that my IMEI numbers where 0 and no signal. Now im trying to restore but after restore it just boots up in TWRP again. I flashed the zip file and restored again... did not help. Am I doing it wrong?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread