FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] HELP! accidentally wiped ENTIRE phone including OS while using TWRP, any save????

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By weibro1, Junior Member on 7th March 2015, 05:32 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I accidentally checked the box that I was not supposed to, now I can't boot up but I can access download mode, when I tried to use LGFlashTool it says it can't change to download mode, but I am in download mode
any help please?
LG G3 D855 32gb

Tried to get into TWRP, it promotes me into firmware update
Firmware update always returns "can't change to download mode" I'm on a windows 8.1 desktop, however I did a stock recovery on it before...
Last edited by weibro1; 7th March 2015 at 06:00 AM.

7th March 2015, 05:32 PM |#2  
Flag Struthers
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weibro1

I accidentally checked the box that I was not supposed to, now I can't boot up but I can access download mode, when I tried to use LGFlashTool it says it can't change to download mode, but I am in download mode
any help please?
LG G3 D855 32gb

Tried to get into TWRP, it promotes me into firmware update
Firmware update always returns "can't change to download mode" I'm on a windows 8.1 desktop, however I did a stock recovery on it before...

You were supposed to make a full backup using TWRP beforehand. If you didn't you'll have to flash a custom ROM. You can find the stock ROM I'm sure, but I would highly recommend Cyanogenmod. It's way better than the stock ROM. If you want the stock ROM I wish you luck because I have no idea where to find it.

Here's a link to Cyanogenmod:
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d855

Download it, transfer it to your phone, boot into TWRP, hit install, find the file, and swipe to flash. You'll then be taken into setup as if you just got a brand new phone.

PS Root is disabled by default in cyanogenmod. Access the developer options, and enable it. This ROM updates frequently, so you'll be sure there's plenty of support!

Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to message me!

Edit: After this is installed, navigate back to TWRP and hit backup and do a full backup, then transfer it to your computer so you'll always have a backup just in case you mess up. You'll need a backup if you ever accidentally brick your phone.
Last edited by ItsJacobee; 7th March 2015 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Additional info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread