FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lg d858 qualcomm test point location

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By due, Junior Member on 15th January 2016, 12:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
a week ago i got an LG D858 bricked, cannot flash using lg flash tool(s), because the model was null, i think the owner was trying to convert it to LG D851 or 850.
anyway the D858 has a different layout board than the D855 which is clearly described on this forum.
after many tries i decided to test where the qualcomm test point is.
the good news for me that i found it without too many tries.
and here is the picture.
one more thing I have to say, I tried many times with d855 on my running well PC I never succeeded but when i used a clean running windows on my laptop it was like charm, I remember I saw someone said something about that and I did not take it seriously. but if you fail and fail and fail, try it.
finally I used this tot for the willcracker boardDiag v2.99a ( LGD858AT-00-V10a-CMT-CN-JUL-12-2014-32G+0.tot)
originally was 16G and i renamed it to 32G to fit my D858 32GB bricked device.
good luck
(due)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LGD858_qualcomm_mode_by_due.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	3610562  
The Following User Says Thank You to due For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift due Ad-Free
 
 
12th May 2016, 11:54 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
about d858 dual lte
hey;
is the test point for D858 dual LTE is same as D858 ?? thanks
25th July 2016, 01:35 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Tuzla
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsh2032

hey;
is the test point for D858 dual LTE is same as D858 ?? thanks

yes it is, I just manage to bring alive Lg G3 d858HK from hard brick

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by due

a week ago i got an LG D858 bricked, cannot flash using lg flash tool(s), because the model was null, i think the owner was trying to convert it to LG D851 or 850.
anyway the D858 has a different layout board than the D855 which is clearly described on this forum.
after many tries i decided to test where the qualcomm test point is.
the good news for me that i found it without too many tries.
and here is the picture.
one more thing I have to say, I tried many times with d855 on my running well PC I never succeeded but when i used a clean running windows on my laptop it was like charm, I remember I saw someone said something about that and I did not take it seriously. but if you fail and fail and fail, try it.
finally I used this tot for the willcracker boardDiag v2.99a ( LGD858AT-00-V10a-CMT-CN-JUL-12-2014-32G+0.tot)
originally was 16G and i renamed it to 32G to fit my D858 32GB bricked device.
good luck
(due)

Thanks man, with you help I just manage to recover LG G3 d858HK from hard brick....thanks again

maybe you should post pictures of testpin to main post on XDA [GUIDE][FIX][DISCUSSION] LG G3 Hard Brick Recovery, because there is folks that have same problem like me....
27th July 2016, 04:50 PM |#4  
Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Sorry for my D858HK bricked and unable to Dloader 9008 mode. Can you please post a photo to show the test pin for shorting?
27th July 2016, 05:32 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag Tuzla
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2060079

Sorry for my D858HK bricked and unable to Dloader 9008 mode. Can you please post a photo to show the test pin for shorting?

Picture of short testpin are on attachment on first post
28th July 2016, 01:58 AM |#6  
Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks for your message. But the main board of D858HK is different from that of D855. The metal cover over the emmc chip cannot be opened. Hence not know what test point for shorting.

Edit: after comparison between image of D8585HK and D858 in first post, can anyone please advise how to remove the metal cover over the emmc chip of D858HK?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_D858HK_main_board.gif
Views:	74
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	3825779  
28th July 2016, 07:57 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Tuzla
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2060079

Thanks for your message. But the main board of D858HK is different from that of D855. The metal cover over the emmc chip cannot be opened. Hence not know what test point for shorting.

Edit: after comparison between image of D8585HK and D858 in first post, can anyone please advise how to remove the metal cover over the emmc chip of D858HK?

You can use fingernails to take off metal cover of emmc chip, I have same model d858HK, metal cover is not solid with emmc chip, just use little force to push it up of chip. Be aware that sim 2 card slot is connected with metal cover also so you need do lift it together.....but before that disconnect sim card 2 flat cable from motherboard also with your fingers.
You can use small tools if you have it.

cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to celo76bh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift celo76bh Ad-Free
29th July 2016, 01:04 AM |#8  
Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks much your message. Yesterday I delivered it to LG service centre. Anyway I learn it very much.
16th August 2016, 01:43 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
This worked for me, trick is to short testpoint then connect usb to PC, then I flashed stock F400K (yes Korean) tot using BoardDiagv2.99 once device is in Qualcomm 9008 mode. Now I booted into download mode and Flash stock MM with LGUP tool.

Qualcomm 9008: http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...guide-t3132359
F400K Tot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785089
LG Update Tool for MM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...53&postcount=3
21st August 2016, 10:33 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celo76bh

yes it is, I just manage to bring alive Lg G3 d858HK from hard brick

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------



Thanks man, with you help I just manage to recover LG G3 d858HK from hard brick....thanks again

maybe you should post pictures of testpin to main post on XDA [GUIDE][FIX][DISCUSSION] LG G3 Hard Brick Recovery, because there is folks that have same problem like me....

Please show me process and the short point
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes