MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Question on LG Health

18th July 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

177 posts
I set this up yesterday before I left for work and had maybe 10-20 steps from just wondering around getting ready for work. When I got to work I noticed that 10-20 jumped up to around 1,300 steps. Thinking it was from driving to work I reset it and walked from building to building and around the office. For what walking I did I had maybe 500 before it was time to leave work. I got home and I had about 1,800 steps. I reset it and let the phone sit till I left last night. When I got home I noticed it had a lot more steps than it should. Seems like its just tracking movement and counting x number of feet and y number of steps. I went in today to clear everything from the app so it's like I have never used it, I'd like a fresh start for when I do use it again.

Now to the question, is their a way to stop it from tracking me? Unless I have overlooked it I'm not seeing anything. I tried to shutoff location based services however it still keeps track of the number of steps. I just want to shut it off for when I'm in a car with out having to shut my phone off or put it in airplane mode.
18th July 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,439

5,720 posts
Donate to Me
More
It uses the accelerometer to know how many steps you are doing, its not using your location.
18th July 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Flushing, MI
Thanks Meter: 49

79 posts
More
Actually, it appears there are several sensors working together to capture this data, though I'm sure the accelerometer plays it's part.

I've experienced the same thing though, so I'm guessing the sensors could use a firmware tweak - perhaps in a future update they will refine them more?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
18th July 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,439

5,720 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayziepop

Actually, it appears there are several sensors working together to capture this data, though I'm sure the accelerometer plays it's part.

I've experienced the same thing though, so I'm guessing the sensors could use a firmware tweak - perhaps in a future update they will refine them more?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did mean accelerometer very loosely just to distinguish it from location based services, but its always nice to see the full list of sensors.
18th July 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

177 posts
Thank, but how do I stop it when I don't want it running? When I'm driving its registering as steps.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th July 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

68 posts
I haven't used it yet. Does it have much drain on battery?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
18th July 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #7  
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 14

202 posts
More
I have the G home screen disabled, i'm just wondering how i can see lg health without enabling that page... Can someone help me?

Sent from from my LG-D855
18th July 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroyjohnson

I haven't used it yet. Does it have much drain on battery?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

When I had it running I didn't notice an issue. However I did shutoff GPS.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank