Question!!!!!!

Search This thread

nfamisnme

Mar 1, 2009
Niles IL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey xda family, i currently have a samsung galaxy s4. Im been very intrigued on the lg g3. I am here to ask all of you for your personal feelings towards the g3. How is the phone from a developement stand point aswell as everyday driver? Your comments will help me decide if i should upgrade to it. Thank you in advance for any input you can offer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
Hey xda family, i currently have a samsung galaxy s4. Im been very intrigued on the lg g3. I am here to ask all of you for your personal feelings towards the g3. How is the phone from a developement stand point aswell as everyday driver? Your comments will help me decide if i should upgrade to it. Thank you in advance for any input you can offer.

Since it looks like you're currently on T-Mobile, you should see a lot of development for the G3. The bootloader comes factory unlocked for your variant.

I came from a Galaxy S3, and I couldn't be happier. The battery lasts all day for me, screen is bright and beautiful, everything runs fast and smooth. I'm very satisfied.

Last edited:
Reactions: nfamisnme

nfamisnme

Mar 1, 2009
Niles IL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does the color difference ever bug you? Going from amoled to the type of screen lg g3 has scares me alittle, i know it has the highest ppi of all phones, im just worried that the sharper colors will look slightly dull with the g3. Im at the point where ive had every galaxy thats come out and the interface is starting to bug me. Samsung hasnt changed anything about it. Im liking the g3's interface, and it seems really smooth with transitioning.

slimc84

Nov 22, 2011
Does the color difference ever bug you? Going from amoled to the type of screen lg g3 has scares me alittle, i know it has the highest ppi of all phones, im just worried that the sharper colors will look slightly dull with the g3. Im at the point where ive had every galaxy thats come out and the interface is starting to bug me. Samsung hasnt changed anything about it. Im liking the g3's interface, and it seems really smooth with transitioning.

I've had every Galaxy since the S3 and recently switched from the S5 and S5 Active. The screen does take some adjusting as LCD looks a lot different than AMOLED, but it has been an easy adjustment for me. I tend to like the look of an LCD screen better than AMOLED anyway. I would suggest messing around with a display model for about 20-30 minutes (or a friend's if they have one) before making a decision. See how your eyes like and and if you feel it will be an easy transition.

drock212

Aug 26, 2009
ORLANDO

I came from an S4 as well. I was very impressed with the S4 battery life and the overall feel (after I debloated and installed nova launcher). But the G3 blows it out the water. If I'm on WiFi all day I can get 22+ hours off the charger with 6.5+ hours of screen on time (still having about 15% left after all of this). Not being on WiFi I get 16-18 hours off charger with about 5+ hours screen on time. Now I debloated (heavily don't have any of the lg extras that coke with the phone. Not even the launcher) I also use trickster to lower my max cpu and gpu (I don't game on my phone so don't need all that power) I also completely killed carrier iq (this helped battery a lot). Now I saw you mentioned something about the screen colors. It looks like the kernel that comes on here allows for customization of colors but it might be too messy trying to go that route since it only allows for the rgb spectrum of adjustments. If you want bright vivid colors like on an amoled I'd ways for development to kick off and get a kernel similar to the one they had on the optimus G that allowed for gamma and gradient adjustments. But other than that. It's an awesome phone

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nfamisnme

Mar 1, 2009
Niles IL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I came from an S4 as well. I was very impressed with the S4 battery life and the overall feel (after I debloated and installed nova launcher). But the G3 blows it out the water. If I'm on WiFi all day I can get 22+ hours off the charger with 6.5+ hours of screen on time (still having about 15% left after all of this). Not being on WiFi I get 16-18 hours off charger with about 5+ hours screen on time. Now I debloated (heavily don't have any of the lg extras that coke with the phone. Not even the launcher) I also use trickster to lower my max cpu and gpu (I don't game on my phone so don't need all that power) I also completely killed carrier iq (this helped battery a lot). Now I saw you mentioned something about the screen colors. It looks like the kernel that comes on here allows for customization of colors but it might be too messy trying to go that route since it only allows for the rgb spectrum of adjustments. If you want bright vivid colors like on an amoled I'd ways for development to kick off and get a kernel similar to the one they had on the optimus G that allowed for gamma and gradient adjustments. But other than that. It's an awesome phone

Thanks for your input. I took my wife to tmobile 2 days ago and she upgraded to the g3. I must say i impressed with some of the features. Since you are rooted and running a debloated version, is it reversible back to stock without leaving any tripped counters of any type? I wanna root my s4 so bad but i know i will trip the knox bootloader when i add custom recovery. Im wondering if the g3 has anything like that? I dont think it does since the bootloader is unlocked.

drock212

Aug 26, 2009
ORLANDO
Thanks for your input. I took my wife to tmobile 2 days ago and she upgraded to the g3. I must say i impressed with some of the features. Since you are rooted and running a debloated version, is it reversible back to stock without leaving any tripped counters of any type? I wanna root my s4 so bad but i know i will trip the knox bootloader when i add custom recovery. Im wondering if the g3 has anything like that? I dont think it does since the bootloader is unlocked.

It is fully reversable. But there is a root for g3 that doesn't trip the counter, it's called purple drake. Also you can used towelroot to root s4 and it will not trip counter or knox. Just go to towelroot.com from your phone (using chrome or built in browser)and download it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since it looks like you're currently on T-Mobile, you should see a lot of development for the G3. The bootloader comes factory unlocked for your variant.

I came from a Galaxy S3, and I couldn't be happier. The battery lasts all day for me, screen is bright and beautiful, everything runs fast and smooth. I'm very satisfied.

I've had every Galaxy since the S3 and recently switched from the S5 and S5 Active. The screen does take some adjusting as LCD looks a lot different than AMOLED, but it has been an easy adjustment for me. I tend to like the look of an LCD screen better than AMOLED anyway. I would suggest messing around with a display model for about 20-30 minutes (or a friend's if they have one) before making a decision. See how your eyes like and and if you feel it will be an easy transition.

It is fully reversable. But there is a root for g3 that doesn't trip the counter, it's called purple drake. Also you can used towelroot to root s4 and it will not trip counter or knox. Just go to towelroot.com from your phone (using chrome or built in browser)and download it.