Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question!!!!!!

OP nfamisnme

20th July 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #1  
nfamisnme's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niles IL
Thanks Meter: 64
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Hey xda family, i currently have a samsung galaxy s4. Im been very intrigued on the lg g3. I am here to ask all of you for your personal feelings towards the g3. How is the phone from a developement stand point aswell as everyday driver? Your comments will help me decide if i should upgrade to it. Thank you in advance for any input you can offer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th July 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #2  
seboj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 51
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamisnme

Hey xda family, i currently have a samsung galaxy s4. Im been very intrigued on the lg g3. I am here to ask all of you for your personal feelings towards the g3. How is the phone from a developement stand point aswell as everyday driver? Your comments will help me decide if i should upgrade to it. Thank you in advance for any input you can offer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Since it looks like you're currently on T-Mobile, you should see a lot of development for the G3. The bootloader comes factory unlocked for your variant.

I came from a Galaxy S3, and I couldn't be happier. The battery lasts all day for me, screen is bright and beautiful, everything runs fast and smooth. I'm very satisfied.
Last edited by seboj; 20th July 2014 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Typo.
The Following User Says Thank You to seboj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #3  
nfamisnme's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niles IL
Thanks Meter: 64
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Does the color difference ever bug you? Going from amoled to the type of screen lg g3 has scares me alittle, i know it has the highest ppi of all phones, im just worried that the sharper colors will look slightly dull with the g3. Im at the point where ive had every galaxy thats come out and the interface is starting to bug me. Samsung hasnt changed anything about it. Im liking the g3's interface, and it seems really smooth with transitioning.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th July 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 354
 
970 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamisnme

Does the color difference ever bug you? Going from amoled to the type of screen lg g3 has scares me alittle, i know it has the highest ppi of all phones, im just worried that the sharper colors will look slightly dull with the g3. Im at the point where ive had every galaxy thats come out and the interface is starting to bug me. Samsung hasnt changed anything about it. Im liking the g3's interface, and it seems really smooth with transitioning.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've had every Galaxy since the S3 and recently switched from the S5 and S5 Active. The screen does take some adjusting as LCD looks a lot different than AMOLED, but it has been an easy adjustment for me. I tend to like the look of an LCD screen better than AMOLED anyway. I would suggest messing around with a display model for about 20-30 minutes (or a friend's if they have one) before making a decision. See how your eyes like and and if you feel it will be an easy transition.
The Following User Says Thank You to slimc84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamisnme

Hey xda family, i currently have a samsung galaxy s4. Im been very intrigued on the lg g3. I am here to ask all of you for your personal feelings towards the g3. How is the phone from a developement stand point aswell as everyday driver? Your comments will help me decide if i should upgrade to it. Thank you in advance for any input you can offer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I came from an S4 as well. I was very impressed with the S4 battery life and the overall feel (after I debloated and installed nova launcher). But the G3 blows it out the water. If I'm on WiFi all day I can get 22+ hours off the charger with 6.5+ hours of screen on time (still having about 15% left after all of this). Not being on WiFi I get 16-18 hours off charger with about 5+ hours screen on time. Now I debloated (heavily don't have any of the lg extras that coke with the phone. Not even the launcher) I also use trickster to lower my max cpu and gpu (I don't game on my phone so don't need all that power) I also completely killed carrier iq (this helped battery a lot). Now I saw you mentioned something about the screen colors. It looks like the kernel that comes on here allows for customization of colors but it might be too messy trying to go that route since it only allows for the rgb spectrum of adjustments. If you want bright vivid colors like on an amoled I'd ways for development to kick off and get a kernel similar to the one they had on the optimus G that allowed for gamma and gradient adjustments. But other than that. It's an awesome phone

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st July 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #6  
nfamisnme's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niles IL
Thanks Meter: 64
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock212

I came from an S4 as well. I was very impressed with the S4 battery life and the overall feel (after I debloated and installed nova launcher). But the G3 blows it out the water. If I'm on WiFi all day I can get 22+ hours off the charger with 6.5+ hours of screen on time (still having about 15% left after all of this). Not being on WiFi I get 16-18 hours off charger with about 5+ hours screen on time. Now I debloated (heavily don't have any of the lg extras that coke with the phone. Not even the launcher) I also use trickster to lower my max cpu and gpu (I don't game on my phone so don't need all that power) I also completely killed carrier iq (this helped battery a lot). Now I saw you mentioned something about the screen colors. It looks like the kernel that comes on here allows for customization of colors but it might be too messy trying to go that route since it only allows for the rgb spectrum of adjustments. If you want bright vivid colors like on an amoled I'd ways for development to kick off and get a kernel similar to the one they had on the optimus G that allowed for gamma and gradient adjustments. But other than that. It's an awesome phone

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for your input. I took my wife to tmobile 2 days ago and she upgraded to the g3. I must say i impressed with some of the features. Since you are rooted and running a debloated version, is it reversible back to stock without leaving any tripped counters of any type? I wanna root my s4 so bad but i know i will trip the knox bootloader when i add custom recovery. Im wondering if the g3 has anything like that? I dont think it does since the bootloader is unlocked.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st July 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamisnme

Thanks for your input. I took my wife to tmobile 2 days ago and she upgraded to the g3. I must say i impressed with some of the features. Since you are rooted and running a debloated version, is it reversible back to stock without leaving any tripped counters of any type? I wanna root my s4 so bad but i know i will trip the knox bootloader when i add custom recovery. Im wondering if the g3 has anything like that? I dont think it does since the bootloader is unlocked.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It is fully reversable. But there is a root for g3 that doesn't trip the counter, it's called purple drake. Also you can used towelroot to root s4 and it will not trip counter or knox. Just go to towelroot.com from your phone (using chrome or built in browser)and download it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to drock212 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #8  
nfamisnme's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Niles IL
Thanks Meter: 64
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Looks like im jumping on the lg g3 bandwagon, thanks for all your input and advice.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes