Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

question i want to make a flashable update zip help please

Tip us?

Robshr
Old
(Last edited by Robshr; 9th September 2014 at 12:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Default question i want to make a flashable update zip help please

I have the Verizon lg g3 and since we don't have a custom recovery yet I like to make a update zip that I can flash using the stock recovery I'm able to make a twrp or cwm backup using an app from the playstore and I'd like to turn that backup into a flashable update zip
I tried several different tutorials but when flashing I get a signing error so can someone either point me in the right direction or post an empty update zip that I could just put the backup in if that's possible
The reason I'm looking to do this is I want to do some more tinkering with the ROM but I'm tired if having to use the tot method when something goes wrong and I'm stuck in a boot loop so I was hoping to make a zip that then I could boot into the stock recovery using adb and flash it back so I don't have to keep starting from scratch
Thanks in advance for any help Rob
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 now referred to as my g3 mini
Clean ROM and elementalx kernel on nexus 7
Lg g3 running stock rooted with xposed
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR I'VE HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr View Post
I have the Verizon lg g3 and since we don't have a custom recovery yet I like to make a update zip that I can flash using the stock recovery I'm able to make a twrp or cwm backup using an app from the playstore and I'd like to turn that backup into a flashable update zip
I tried several different tutorials but when flashing I get a signing error so can someone either point me in the right direction or post an empty update zip that I could just put the backup in if that's possible
The reason I'm looking to do this is I want to do some more tinkering with the ROM but I'm tired if having to use the tot method when something goes wrong and I'm stuck in a boot loop so I was hoping to make a zip that then I could boot into the stock recovery using adb and flash it back so I don't have to keep starting from scratch
Thanks in advance for any help Rob
ask @jarari2

source
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button

Robshr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo94 View Post
I never got a reply anyone else no
Know how to make a flashable update zip from a TWRP or CWM backup
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 now referred to as my g3 mini
Clean ROM and elementalx kernel on nexus 7
Lg g3 running stock rooted with xposed
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR I'VE HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS