OP Robshr

14th August 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown
Thanks Meter: 344

682 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have the Verizon lg g3 and since we don't have a custom recovery yet I like to make a update zip that I can flash using the stock recovery I'm able to make a twrp or cwm backup using an app from the playstore and I'd like to turn that backup into a flashable update zip
I tried several different tutorials but when flashing I get a signing error so can someone either point me in the right direction or post an empty update zip that I could just put the backup in if that's possible
The reason I'm looking to do this is I want to do some more tinkering with the ROM but I'm tired if having to use the tot method when something goes wrong and I'm stuck in a boot loop so I was hoping to make a zip that then I could boot into the stock recovery using adb and flash it back so I don't have to keep starting from scratch
Thanks in advance for any help Rob
Last edited by Robshr; 9th September 2014 at 12:22 AM.
14th August 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 282

1,012 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr

I have the Verizon lg g3 and since we don't have a custom recovery yet I like to make a update zip that I can flash using the stock recovery I'm able to make a twrp or cwm backup using an app from the playstore and I'd like to turn that backup into a flashable update zip
I tried several different tutorials but when flashing I get a signing error so can someone either point me in the right direction or post an empty update zip that I could just put the backup in if that's possible
The reason I'm looking to do this is I want to do some more tinkering with the ROM but I'm tired if having to use the tot method when something goes wrong and I'm stuck in a boot loop so I was hoping to make a zip that then I could boot into the stock recovery using adb and flash it back so I don't have to keep starting from scratch
Thanks in advance for any help Rob

ask @jarari2

source
3rd September 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Allentown
Thanks Meter: 344

682 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo94