FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Rapid Battery Drain - How can I improve?

496 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By Bad4ss, Senior Member on 13th July 2014, 02:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th May 2015, 03:40 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
just rooted the phone today and battery life dropped dramatically with light use...

rooted because i wanted to use the dual screen feature for all apps...installed flex multi window mod.. and battery just went down hill.... help!!

13th June 2015, 11:32 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Battery Drain
I was experiencing the same issue, I tried removing the SD card which did nothing but in the end I cleared the cache (non rooted) by going to settings/storage and after waiting for calculations to be done I clicked on Cached Data and hit Ok
After that I had no problems with battery drain, give it a try and report back
23rd June 2015, 08:49 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2603p

I was experiencing the same issue, I tried removing the SD card which did nothing but in the end I cleared the cache (non rooted) by going to settings/storage and after waiting for calculations to be done I clicked on Cached Data and hit Ok
After that I had no problems with battery drain, give it a try and report back

I am having the same issue. The battery just drains when I am using. I don't event want o use it anymore because it uses 1% per minute. I removed the SD card and cleared the cashed data. That worked. Now its 3 minutes per 1%. But Now the phone drains 1% per minute when the phone screen is off.
28th June 2015, 02:05 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
That is weird, with Wifi and Data connection off mine doesn't drain at all when the screen is off. However with Wifi or Data enabled it's draining about 1% per hour
Did you try with a different battery?
30th June 2015, 04:16 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hey guys,

and I do have a question regarding "stock batter" monitor and GSAM;
how come they show quite different results in the same period?

GSAM shows a much bigger percentage for Screen whereas showing minor usage for Whatsapp, for instance.

Is this how it works:

While you use Whatsapp, both the screen and the software uses battery. Stock monitor counts it all towards Whatsapp whereas GSAM only covers battery used for the "software"?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread