Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot Restore G3 To Stock Using Flash Tool

OP DrPhill94

18th August 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #11  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 180

831 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhill94

Tried it a few times, no luck so far. Same error same time

damn, I'm on Sprint variant, only thing I haven't tried is lg suite and making sure my Flashtool is the latest version. I've tried everything else last night for 6 hours.

edit: my dl mode is working perfect. I see in your Flashtool, your error is slightly different. mine gets stuck at 93%. Then it reboots back to this
Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 18th August 2014 at 08:57 PM.
18th August 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 43

168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhill94

LG PC Suite didn't recognize it before, does it need to be in download mode when I do that? Or is there another recovery mode?

*EDIT* Just discovered this log, maybe someone's familiar with the codes and has an idea what to do

PC Suite won't recognize it if you don't use the correct version. The latest from LG's site is in fact the wrong version. You need the version that's about 223mb in size. Sorry, I'm not sure of the version and am currently busy fixing my phone with it, so can't check. Perhaps someone would kindly supply you with a download link.
18th August 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beylie

PC Suite won't recognize it if you don't use the correct version. The latest from LG's site is in fact the wrong version. You need the version that's about 223mb in size. Sorry, I'm not sure of the version and am currently busy fixing my phone with it, so can't check. Perhaps someone would kindly supply you with a download link.

Will it work even if my phone doesn't show up in explorer? My pc makes a sound when it is plugged in and unplugged in Download Mode but the only thing so far to recognize it is flash tool. If you can check the version please let me know but I'll look for it
18th August 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #14  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 236

849 posts
More
Did you try a different USB port on your computer? Drivers get honked up easily using flashing tools and sometimes using a different port, or even a different USB cable can fix your problem. More likely another usb port, but I've also had a bad cable as well.
18th August 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark_8125

Did you try a different USB port on your computer? Drivers get honked up easily using flashing tools and sometimes using a different port, or even a different USB cable can fix your problem. More likely another usb port, but I've also had a bad cable as well.

That's the problem is the only cable that works is the one that came with it, and I've used 3 of my 4 on my laptop, so I doubt it's the port
18th August 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

Also you have to realize the phone doesn't turn on. I get the LG logo, download mode, or factory reset. That's it
19th August 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #17  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 236

849 posts
More
If that is the only cable that works - my guess is there's something probably wrong with the micro usb jack on your phone.. it shouldn't be that finicky where only 1 of 4 cables would work. If you do a warranty return, you might get lucky anyways. Several folks have posted on XDA that the stores where they returned phones were either clueless or didn't care about the status of the root code. Of course, YMMV.
19th August 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

If that is the only cable that works - my guess is there's something probably wrong with the micro usb jack on your phone.. it shouldn't be that finicky where only 1 of 4 cables would work. If you do a warranty return, you might get lucky anyways. Several folks have posted on XDA that the stores where they returned phones were either clueless or didn't care about the status of the root code. Of course, YMMV.

You misunderstand: The cable that comes with the G3 is the only one GUARANTEED to work with these operations. Has nothing to do with the jack. Getting a new one in the mail tomorrow, can't tell if it's rooted if they can't access the filesystem

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread