Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot Restore G3 To Stock Using Flash Tool

Tip us?

joeyhdownsouth
Old
(Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 18th August 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhill94 View Post
Tried it a few times, no luck so far. Same error same time
damn, I'm on Sprint variant, only thing I haven't tried is lg suite and making sure my Flashtool is the latest version. I've tried everything else last night for 6 hours.

edit: my dl mode is working perfect. I see in your Flashtool, your error is slightly different. mine gets stuck at 93%. Then it reboots back to this
G2(Sprint)-stock rooted
G3(Sprint)-stock rooted
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive

Beylie
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhill94 View Post
LG PC Suite didn't recognize it before, does it need to be in download mode when I do that? Or is there another recovery mode?

*EDIT* Just discovered this log, maybe someone's familiar with the codes and has an idea what to do
PC Suite won't recognize it if you don't use the correct version. The latest from LG's site is in fact the wrong version. You need the version that's about 223mb in size. Sorry, I'm not sure of the version and am currently busy fixing my phone with it, so can't check. Perhaps someone would kindly supply you with a download link.

DrPhill94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beylie View Post
PC Suite won't recognize it if you don't use the correct version. The latest from LG's site is in fact the wrong version. You need the version that's about 223mb in size. Sorry, I'm not sure of the version and am currently busy fixing my phone with it, so can't check. Perhaps someone would kindly supply you with a download link.
Will it work even if my phone doesn't show up in explorer? My pc makes a sound when it is plugged in and unplugged in Download Mode but the only thing so far to recognize it is flash tool. If you can check the version please let me know but I'll look for it

Ozark_8125
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Did you try a different USB port on your computer? Drivers get honked up easily using flashing tools and sometimes using a different port, or even a different USB cable can fix your problem. More likely another usb port, but I've also had a bad cable as well.
NEC P100-Nokia 8210-HTC 8125 (hence the sig..)-HTC 8525-HTC 8925-iPhone 3gs-Samsung SGS-Samsung SGS2 LTE-Samsung SGS3-Note3-LG G3
Zeki-SamsungGT7-AcerA200-AsusTF700 Context bro, it's just a phone! There are bigger things..

DrPhill94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark_8125 View Post
Did you try a different USB port on your computer? Drivers get honked up easily using flashing tools and sometimes using a different port, or even a different USB cable can fix your problem. More likely another usb port, but I've also had a bad cable as well.
That's the problem is the only cable that works is the one that came with it, and I've used 3 of my 4 on my laptop, so I doubt it's the port

DrPhill94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Also you have to realize the phone doesn't turn on. I get the LG logo, download mode, or factory reset. That's it

Ozark_8125
Old
Thanks Meter 214
If that is the only cable that works - my guess is there's something probably wrong with the micro usb jack on your phone.. it shouldn't be that finicky where only 1 of 4 cables would work. If you do a warranty return, you might get lucky anyways. Several folks have posted on XDA that the stores where they returned phones were either clueless or didn't care about the status of the root code. Of course, YMMV.
NEC P100-Nokia 8210-HTC 8125 (hence the sig..)-HTC 8525-HTC 8925-iPhone 3gs-Samsung SGS-Samsung SGS2 LTE-Samsung SGS3-Note3-LG G3
Zeki-SamsungGT7-AcerA200-AsusTF700 Context bro, it's just a phone! There are bigger things..

DrPhill94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If that is the only cable that works - my guess is there's something probably wrong with the micro usb jack on your phone.. it shouldn't be that finicky where only 1 of 4 cables would work. If you do a warranty return, you might get lucky anyways. Several folks have posted on XDA that the stores where they returned phones were either clueless or didn't care about the status of the root code. Of course, YMMV.
You misunderstand: The cable that comes with the G3 is the only one GUARANTEED to work with these operations. Has nothing to do with the jack. Getting a new one in the mail tomorrow, can't tell if it's rooted if they can't access the filesystem