Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Restoring To Stock Question

OP grneyez

26th August 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70

476 posts
Hello all, new to the LG phones and had a question about the restore process. I went thru the process in the development section without having the phone rooted or having a custom recovery installed. I have had success with restoring the stock firmware. My questions are as follows:

1) If I root with the 2 current methods available will I be able to restore the phone back to stock with restore process?

2) If I install a custom recovery will I be able be able to restore the phone back to stock with restore process?

3) Will the restore if successful reset the tamper counter?

Thanks in advance for your reply's
Last edited by grneyez; 26th August 2014 at 05:21 PM.
26th August 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyez

Hello all, new to the LG phones and had a question about the restore process. I went thru the process in the development section without having the phone rooted or having a custom recovery installed. I have had success with restoring the stock firmware. My questions are as follows:

1) If I root with the 2 current methods available will I be able to restore the phone back to stock with restore process?

2) If I install a custom recovery will I be able be able to restore the phone back to stock with restore process?

3) Will the restore if successful rest the tamper counter?

Thanks in advance for your reply's

What exactly do you mean by "restore process"? I just wanna know if I understood your questions right

Sent from my LG-D855
26th August 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

476 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph09

What exactly do you mean by "restore process"? I just wanna know if I understood your questions right

Sent from my LG-D855

What I'm talking about is resorting the phone back to stock from this post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799647

[ALL Variants] Update / Restore to Stock your LG G3

I want to know if we can restore back to stock with the above method after rooting and eventually having CWM or TWRP on the phone.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
26th August 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  

144 posts
More
Quote:

What I'm talking about is resorting the phone back to stock from this post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799647

[ALL Variants] Update / Restore to Stock your LG G3

I want to know if we can restore back to stock with the above method after rooting and eventually having CWM or TWRP on the phone.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying. Ok, flashing a .kdz file is like reinstalling the whole stock ROM again, so yes, you should go back completely to stock, including recovery and you will also lose root. You could also try another guide that's called something like "Unroot using PC suite" that doesn't involve flashing a file or you could also look for the thread that's called "LG Flashtool 2014 easiest way to go back to stock", something like that. That method seems to be easier but still involves a .kdz file.

Sent from my LG-D855
27th August 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

476 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph09

Thanks for clarifying. Ok, flashing a .kdz file is like reinstalling the whole stock ROM again, so yes, you should go back completely to stock, including recovery and you will also lose root. You could also try another guide that's called something like "Unroot using PC suite" that doesn't involve flashing a file or you could also look for the thread that's called "LG Flashtool 2014 easiest way to go back to stock", something like that. That method seems to be easier but still involves a .kdz file.

Sent from my LG-D855

Thanks for your reply, I kind of thought the same thing, but was not sure as I'm new to LG phones and rooting/restoring them. Like the phone very much, cant wait for a recovery and unlocked boot loader.
27th August 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #6  

144 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for your reply, I kind of thought the same thing, but was not sure as I'm new to LG phones and rooting/restoring them. Like the phone very much, cant wait for a recovery and unlocked boot loader.

You're welcome I'm actually new to LG too, but did some extensive reading so that I could be prepared in case something went wrong haha.

Yeah, me neither !

Sent from my LG-D855
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread