Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to exchange G3

Tip us?

solis888
Old
(Last edited by solis888; 23rd July 2014 at 07:41 AM.) Reason: Better title
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default How to exchange G3

So I got my G3 the day after it came out from Best Buy, and I fell in love with it. I didn't set it down for almost 24 hours. However, the next day I began to notice that my phone would get pretty warm from just browsing the Web or using snap chat. Coming from a Samsung GS3 that had no metal at all, I assumed this was normal since the power and volume buttons were made of metal and that is where I felt the phone get the warmest. I searched around to see if anyone else had any heating issues, but the majority of people said their G3 only got hot when gaming for long periods of time. This is when I thought that my phone was just a dud and I needed to get it replaced. On top of the heating issue, it seems that my accelerometer doesn't work anymore. I toggle screen rotation on and off, but my screen does not rotate anymore.

I really love this phone and intend on just exchanging it for a new one, but I was wondering if anyone else was having any of the same problems that I've been having. If not these problems, then maybe others.

My last question is if I go to best buy for an exchange, would I need the person who is the account holder of the family plan to come with me? Or can I just take it to best buy on my own with my receipt and ask for an exchange.

Thank you for reading, and thank you to any users with answers or comments.

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 829
Why don't you call Best Buy and ask? BTW Best Buy is usually awesome about no fuss returns as long as you're within the 14 day return policy

Sent from my LG-D851