FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

Root without root issue.

147 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By stigslim, Senior Member on 22nd August 2014, 01:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi peeps, looked at rooting my nice new G3 and went in for the kill with towel root [emoji16] only to find out didn't support my version. Decided to go with purpledrake (not got there yet) found a couple of apps not working because of root which root checker says I don't have. My question is do I need to root now regardless even if only to unroot? To get things back to normal?
 
 
22nd August 2014, 02:13 PM |#2  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,750
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigslim

Hi peeps, looked at rooting my nice new G3 and went in for the kill with towel root [emoji16] only to find out didn't support my version. Decided to go with purpledrake (not got there yet) found a couple of apps not working because of root which root checker says I don't have. My question is do I need to root now regardless even if only to unroot? To get things back to normal?

After rooting, did you install SuperSU?

Also, there's StumpRoot as a 3rd option.
22nd August 2014, 02:15 PM |#3  
stigslim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
That's just it. Towel root told me my phone wasn't supported and root checker says I don't have root, yet the app in question says I do so super user seems a bit pointless.
22nd August 2014, 02:20 PM |#4  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,750
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigslim

That's just it. Towel root told me my phone wasn't supported and root checker says I don't have root, yet the app in question says I do so super user seems a bit pointless.

SuperSU is needed after you root to give apps root access. Try to install it, if it works, you're rooted and you can go along with your rooted apps.

Otherwise, try StumpRoot (Towel and Purple's didn't support my version either), install SuperSU and enjoy your root apps!
22nd August 2014, 02:46 PM |#5  
stigslim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Tried to install it with no luck. Seems something's gone wrong somewhere.
Says I need to manually 're root of I just upgraded to android 4.3. As it can't install su binaries.
Sent from my LG-D855
Last edited by stigslim; 22nd August 2014 at 02:49 PM.
22nd August 2014, 04:15 PM |#6  
BWolf56's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,750
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigslim

Tried to install it with no luck. Seems something's gone wrong somewhere.
Says I need to manually 're root of I just upgraded to android 4.3. As it can't install su binaries.
Sent from my LG-D855

Time to give StumpRoot a shot then.
22nd August 2014, 04:35 PM |#7  
stigslim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Yeah I think your right. The only issue left is the app I want to use fails when rooted and the root cloak module/app doesn't currently support it [emoji20]

Edit:
Well i tried stump root and got nowhere [emoji20] looking like purple is my only way forward. And if i want to use that particular app then root, unroot is the only way forward. [emoji45]
Last edited by stigslim; 23rd August 2014 at 12:20 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes