XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Root without root issue.

OP stigslim

22nd August 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

140 posts
Hi peeps, looked at rooting my nice new G3 and went in for the kill with towel root [emoji16] only to find out didn't support my version. Decided to go with purpledrake (not got there yet) found a couple of apps not working because of root which root checker says I don't have. My question is do I need to root now regardless even if only to unroot? To get things back to normal?
22nd August 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,704

3,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigslim

Hi peeps, looked at rooting my nice new G3 and went in for the kill with towel root [emoji16] only to find out didn't support my version. Decided to go with purpledrake (not got there yet) found a couple of apps not working because of root which root checker says I don't have. My question is do I need to root now regardless even if only to unroot? To get things back to normal?

After rooting, did you install SuperSU?

Also, there's StumpRoot as a 3rd option.
22nd August 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
That's just it. Towel root told me my phone wasn't supported and root checker says I don't have root, yet the app in question says I do so super user seems a bit pointless.
22nd August 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais

3,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's just it. Towel root told me my phone wasn't supported and root checker says I don't have root, yet the app in question says I do so super user seems a bit pointless.

SuperSU is needed after you root to give apps root access. Try to install it, if it works, you're rooted and you can go along with your rooted apps.

Otherwise, try StumpRoot (Towel and Purple's didn't support my version either), install SuperSU and enjoy your root apps!
22nd August 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Tried to install it with no luck. Seems something's gone wrong somewhere.
Says I need to manually 're root of I just upgraded to android 4.3. As it can't install su binaries.
Sent from my LG-D855
Last edited by stigslim; 22nd August 2014 at 02:49 PM.
22nd August 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais

3,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tried to install it with no luck. Seems something's gone wrong somewhere.
Says I need to manually 're root of I just upgraded to android 4.3. As it can't install su binaries.
Sent from my LG-D855

Time to give StumpRoot a shot then.
22nd August 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Yeah I think your right. The only issue left is the app I want to use fails when rooted and the root cloak module/app doesn't currently support it [emoji20]

Edit:
Well i tried stump root and got nowhere [emoji20] looking like purple is my only way forward. And if i want to use that particular app then root, unroot is the only way forward. [emoji45]
Last edited by stigslim; 23rd August 2014 at 12:20 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread