5,814,863 Members 48,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting 400K

Tip us?
 
flupo2000
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 166
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oakville
Question [Q] Rooting 400K

Do I have to unlock my K400 before rooting or entering recovery mode?
 
radicalisto
Old
#2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,415
Posts: 3,496
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flupo2000 View Post
Do I have to unlock my K400 before rooting or entering recovery mode?
Towelroot should work straight away, just download the .apk from www.towelroot.com install and reboot, voila rooted phone.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
 
flupo2000
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 166
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oakville
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Towelroot should work straight away, just download the .apk from www.towelroot.com install and reboot, voila rooted phone.
I tried it but I couldn't enter the recovery mod on the phone, that's why I thought it is locked. Actually I tried different sim card and it worked so I don't understand. If the phone locked why I can use another SIM card and if it is unlocked why I cannot enter the recovery mod ( I tried 10 times)
 
radicalisto
Old
#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,415
Posts: 3,496
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flupo2000 View Post
I tried it but I couldn't enter the recovery mod on the phone, that's why I thought it is locked. Actually I tried different sim card and it worked so I don't understand. If the phone locked why I can use another SIM card and if it is unlocked why I cannot enter the recovery mod ( I tried 10 times)
You don't need to enter recovery. Towelroot is an .apk (app) just install like any other app. Open it, hit the button and reboot. Recovery is there it's just annoying to get to is all.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
 
flupo2000
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 166
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oakville
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
You don't need to enter recovery. Towelroot is an .apk (app) just install like any other app. Open it, hit the button and reboot. Recovery is there it's just annoying to get to is all.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I tried it as well several time and with the Root checking application from play store it showed that my device is not rooted. Is it because my device is the Korean version, it need a different tool?
 
radicalisto
Old
#6  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,415
Posts: 3,496
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
It should work on the Korean version yes. -- Once you hit "Make it Ra1n" you need to open SuperSU straight away (grab from Playstore) then reboot.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Change the Style of Your Notifications with HeadsUp

Head Up notifications is one of these upcoming features that Android developers hid deep … more

Google Play Store to Show Price Ranges for In-App Purchases

Google recently announced a change to Google Play Store policy that requires … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Shut Up Your Phone – XDA Developer TV

So many different applications want to send us notifications that … more

Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more