Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it safe to flash 4.4.4 GApps ?

Tip us?
 
jodvova
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 522
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default [Q] Is it safe to flash 4.4.4 GApps ?

A dummy question,


Is it safe to flash latest Gapps (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...gapps-t2012857) on rooted stock D855 ?

Or will I brick it ?
 
IXChicharitoXI
Old
#2  
IXChicharitoXI's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 848
Join Date: Aug 2012
Why would you flash gapps on a stock rom?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
 
DominicRead
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post
A dummy question,


Is it safe to flash latest Gapps (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...gapps-t2012857) on rooted stock D855 ?

Or will I brick it ?
I also wish to do this. Get my G3 later! I thought after rooting stock and flashing this Gapps it'd remove LG's bloat ware and annoyances, etc. No/yes?
 
jodvova
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 522
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXChicharitoXI View Post
Why would you flash gapps on a stock rom?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
Well, I thought to upgrade to 4.4.4 version and also get missing google contacts, google dialer.
 
KiNG OMaR
Old
(Last edited by KiNG OMaR; 5th July 2014 at 04:21 PM.)
#5  
KiNG OMaR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 399
Posts: 1,643
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicRead View Post
I also wish to do this. Get my G3 later! I thought after rooting stock and flashing this Gapps it'd remove LG's bloat ware and annoyances, etc. No/yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post
Well, I thought to upgrade to 4.4.4 version and also get missing google contacts, google dialer.
No. GAPPS contain bits like the playstore, camera libs, etc. GAPPS do not include anything essential to the phones use such as the dialer. It will not upgrade your version of android nor will it remove any LG bloat. Bad idea to flash GAPPS on a stock LG rom.
[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7
 
jodvova
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 522
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG OMaR View Post
No. GAPPS contain bits like the playstore, camera libs, etc. GAPPS do not include anything essential to the phones use such as the dialer. It will not upgrade your version of android nor will it remove any LG bloat. Bad idea to flash GAPPS on a stock LG rom.
What I meant is to upgrade gapps to version 4.4.4, not android to 4.4.4.
 
suljo94
Old
(Last edited by suljo94; 5th July 2014 at 11:09 PM.)
#7  
suljo94's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 239
Posts: 884
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Antwerpen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post
What I meant is to upgrade gapps to version 4.4.4, not android to 4.4.4.
1st of all we do not have a working recovery for flashing. secondly there is a reason your 4.4.2 phone doesn't get 4.4.4 google apps via the play store, if google changed the slightest thing in the 4.4.4 google apps framework you will be the proud owner of the all new bricked lg g3


so don't do it and wait for cm11 or lg


Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button
The Following User Says Thank You to suljo94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jaythenut
Old
#8  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,499
Posts: 5,130
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post
A dummy question,


Is it safe to flash latest Gapps (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...gapps-t2012857) on rooted stock D855 ?

Or will I brick it ?
brick leave be
 
jodvova
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 522
Join Date: Oct 2012
Thanks for explaining guys !

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes