Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screwed LG G3

Tip us?

Old
Thanks Meter 77
Just to add a little extra info. I got my 16gb UK d855 back to stock using the UK 10a.kdz file and flashed in download mode using LG flash tool 2014, only took about 5mins and my g3 was just like New
Device: LG G3 DS855
ROM: Stock Rooted by Towelroot
Kernel: Stock

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 8010
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Rooted + Mods

flibbertygibbet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 557953 View Post
Just to add a little extra info. I got my 16gb UK d855 back to stock using the UK 10a.kdz file and flashed in download mode using LG flash tool 2014, only took about 5mins and my g3 was just like New
Hi, How do you use the kdz file version please?

flibbertygibbet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41 View Post
Only just seen this thread and glad to see that you have saved your device. Just for the record, you could have restored your device if you used the lg pc suite with your device plugged in in download mode.
Hi mate, Is there anything specific that needs doing to use the lg g3 suite option? I can connect the phone when booted up normally but when I do it via download mode the suite will not see the phone..

Will back up and restore do the same thing?

Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbertygibbet View Post
Hi, How do you use the kdz file version please?
This is what I did,

Dowloaded the .kdz file put G3 in DL mode, plugged into PC, used device manager on PC to change port from whatever it was to 41, loaded the .kdz into LG Flash Tool 2014, used "CSE flash" left all other settings as they were and started it going..... took about 5mins and badabadabing brand new G3 again

flibbertygibbet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 557953 View Post
This is what I did,

Dowloaded the .kdz file put G3 in DL mode, plugged into PC, used device manager on PC to change port from whatever it was to 41, loaded the .kdz into LG Flash Tool 2014, used "CSE flash" left all other settings as they were and started it going..... took about 5mins and badabadabing brand new G3 again
Wow thanks. Just did it again and was a lot quicker! However when I look up my software version it still states V10a-EUR-XX ? so is this the uk version? I'm confused.

Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbertygibbet View Post
Wow thanks. Just did it again and was a lot quicker! However when I look up my software version it still states V10a-EUR-XX ? so is this the uk version? I'm confused.
That's what I'm on too and all working fine I found my FW on XDA that was UK version, not sure of differences if any... I think you will be fine on that

The Following User Says Thank You to 557953 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]