Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 41,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Scroll Lag (former IOS user)

Tip us?

ThreeToTheThird
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Scroll Lag (former IOS user)

So, Ive been wanting to try out Android for a while and I just made the jump to the G3 because I LOVE the screen size to form factor ratio.

So pardon the Android NOOB question but I notice a TON of scroll lag on the G3. In Facebook, Chrome, Firefox (though less), Tapatalk, Textra, Email. Just about everywhere you can scroll I have seen stuttering.

Is that what people mean when they refer to "lag" on this device?

Is this specific to this device or is this more of a general Android problem?

adamfair
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Scrolling lag is due to the LG skin that they put on top of android. Its not android itself but the OEM that put their custom interface on the device.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Batfink33
Old
(Last edited by Batfink33; 21st July 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfair View Post
Scrolling lag is due to the LG skin that they put on top of android. Its not android itself but the OEM that put their custom interface on the device.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
I disagree, I believe its because of the SOC used. The S801 is primarily a 1080chip. It is pushing its limits trying to render QHD screen therefore performance is taking a hit. To get the performance on QHD of a phone like say the M8 (probably the smoothest Android phone to date), you need the S805 as a minimum (check Anandtechs S801 and S805 QHD comparisons).
At the moment you'd be looking at 1080 Android phones like the M8, S5 and Z2.....even the Nexus 5 for IPhone like performance using the current generation of Qualcomm chips.

hello00
Old
Thanks Meter 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33 View Post
I disagree, I believe its because of the SOC used. The S801 is primarily a 1080chip. It is pushing its limits trying to render QHD screen therefore performance is taking a hit. To get the performance on QHD of a phone like say the M8 (probably the smoothest Android phone to date), you need the S805 as a minimum (check Anandtechs S801 and S805 QHD comparisons).
At the moment you'd be looking at 1080 Android phones like the M8, S5 and Z2.....even the Nexus 5 for IPhone like performance using the current generation of Qualcomm chips.
wrong. else they would have gone with the 805. i switched to nova launcher and havent seen one single lag..u will only feel the difference when playing games
-Black&Cyan for ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1 and CM10 AOSP Theme Apps, -Blacked Out Gapps, Custom Batt% & Icons
-HTC Sense Camera for HTC One m7 Google Edition Roms 4.2.2 Click Here
-★ [THEMED] Kitkat 4.4 Mms.apk Dark Holo & More ★Here
★ ★ UCCW Clocks by me Click here ★ ★

joshnichols189
Old
Thanks Meter 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33 View Post
I also think you're wrong. Tapatalk and Facebook are both laggy apps, even on the 1080p phones. Firefox has scrolling that can also come off as laggy.
Iphone 4S Nokia N9
LG Voyager OG Sidekick
Blackberry Tour 9630 Blackberry Storm 9530
Motorola Droid Droid Bionic; Droid X
HTC Droid Incredible HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Droid Incredible 2 HTC Trophy
HTC Rezound; HTC One S HTC One X HTC G2
Asus Transformer Nook Tablet
Samsung Fascinate Galaxy Nexus Galaxy Note
Galaxy SII i9100 White Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy SIII i9300 Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 200
There are some simple fixes.
A.
1. Nova or apex launcher
2. Uninstall all of the carrier apps you can.
3. Enable ART in developer options (tap build number 7 times in system software menu)

And or you can do this to further help out:
B.
1. Root
2. Debloat (remove apps that you normally cant in titanium backup)
3. Enjoy

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3
LG G-Pad 8.3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S