Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Scroll Lag (former IOS user)

OP ThreeToTheThird

21st July 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Charlottesville, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
So, Ive been wanting to try out Android for a while and I just made the jump to the G3 because I LOVE the screen size to form factor ratio.

So pardon the Android NOOB question but I notice a TON of scroll lag on the G3. In Facebook, Chrome, Firefox (though less), Tapatalk, Textra, Email. Just about everywhere you can scroll I have seen stuttering.

Is that what people mean when they refer to "lag" on this device?

Is this specific to this device or is this more of a general Android problem?
21st July 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 180

504 posts
More
Scrolling lag is due to the LG skin that they put on top of android. Its not android itself but the OEM that put their custom interface on the device.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
21st July 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 243

1,112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfair

Scrolling lag is due to the LG skin that they put on top of android. Its not android itself but the OEM that put their custom interface on the device.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

I disagree, I believe its because of the SOC used. The S801 is primarily a 1080chip. It is pushing its limits trying to render QHD screen therefore performance is taking a hit. To get the performance on QHD of a phone like say the M8 (probably the smoothest Android phone to date), you need the S805 as a minimum (check Anandtechs S801 and S805 QHD comparisons).
At the moment you'd be looking at 1080 Android phones like the M8, S5 and Z2.....even the Nexus 5 for IPhone like performance using the current generation of Qualcomm chips.
Last edited by Batfink33; 21st July 2014 at 08:19 PM.
21st July 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,668

3,571 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33

I disagree, I believe its because of the SOC used. The S801 is primarily a 1080chip. It is pushing its limits trying to render QHD screen therefore performance is taking a hit. To get the performance on QHD of a phone like say the M8 (probably the smoothest Android phone to date), you need the S805 as a minimum (check Anandtechs S801 and S805 QHD comparisons).
At the moment you'd be looking at 1080 Android phones like the M8, S5 and Z2.....even the Nexus 5 for IPhone like performance using the current generation of Qualcomm chips.

wrong. else they would have gone with the 805. i switched to nova launcher and havent seen one single lag..u will only feel the difference when playing games
22nd July 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #5  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,393

6,940 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33

I also think you're wrong. Tapatalk and Facebook are both laggy apps, even on the 1080p phones. Firefox has scrolling that can also come off as laggy.
22nd July 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #6  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 548

2,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
There are some simple fixes.
A.
1. Nova or apex launcher
2. Uninstall all of the carrier apps you can.
3. Enable ART in developer options (tap build number 7 times in system software menu)

And or you can do this to further help out:
B.
1. Root
2. Debloat (remove apps that you normally cant in titanium backup)
3. Enjoy

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread