Slow battery charge

OP raw2000j

12th August 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231

1,524 posts
Does anyone know why it takes so long to charge?Im using stock charger but from the battery log says 304 and I was rold my phone thinks its using usb to charge any ideas?
13th August 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #2  
Kempston, Bedford
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw2000j

Does anyone know why it takes so long to charge?Im using stock charger but from the battery log says 304 and I was rold my phone thinks its using usb to charge any ideas?

not sure if you have tried this, but make sure the usb charger is plugged into the mains charger all the way in...mine was the same, saying usb charging and it was the cable itself
The Following User Says Thank You to labpedro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
Flag Queensland, Australia

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by labpedro

not sure if you have tried this, but make sure the usb charger is plugged into the mains charger all the way in...mine was the same, saying usb charging and it was the cable itself

Yep. For some reason LG decided to go with a USB charger for the phone rather than straight to the mains...
Mine takes about 3 hours to charge fully, when plugged in, locked and connected to WiFi. You have to remember, the G3 has a big battery, bigger than some other phones, so you have to expect it to take longer. I plug it into my USB 3.0 port on my PC when I'm on it and it seems to charge faster (Although my motherboard has the option to turbo a port for charging so it may just be me).
The Following User Says Thank You to iDefalt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231

1,524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by labpedro

Mine doesnt say usb charging just charges slow and i tried different chargers
14th August 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Queensland, Australia

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw2000j

Mine doesnt say usb charging just charges slow and i tried different chargers

Could just be that LG has set the phone up to detect all chargers as USB considering it comes with a USB charger...
Not sure if that's the reason why but it very well could be.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread