5,814,939 Members 45,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Software Update for Rooted LG G3

Tip us?
 
capriciousmike
Old
#1  
capriciousmike's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 73
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cape Town
Location [Q] Software Update for Rooted LG G3

I have the D855 international, with v10f. It's rooted with PurpleDrake Lite. The phone has just downloaded a software update, which I have NOT installed. Can I install it? If I do install it:
- will I need to root again?
- will anything else be affected?
 
dex.
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 107
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriciousmike View Post
I have the D855 international, with v10f. It's rooted with PurpleDrake Lite. The phone has just downloaded a software update, which I have NOT installed. Can I install it? If I do install it:
- will I need to root again?
- will anything else be affected?
If you run the software update it will either work (and root will be maintained) or it will fail with a message that your phone is suspected of being rooted and boot back up unchanged. If it fails then you need to unroot first by flashing a KDZ of the version you are using in Normal Flash mode to retain your data/apps
The Following User Says Thank You to dex. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
capriciousmike
Old
#3  
capriciousmike's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 73
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cape Town
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex. View Post
If you run the software update it will either work (and root will be maintained) or it will fail with a message that your phone is suspected of being rooted and boot back up unchanged.
It worked. Root maintained. Software version v10j.
 
snipeerz
Old
#4  
snipeerz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 49
Join Date: May 2012
i have f400 k i face the same problem i can not upgrade my frimware because of rooting my device so what should i do
 
Mistertac
Old
#5  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,606
Posts: 3,422
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeerz View Post
i have f400 k i face the same problem i can not upgrade my frimware because of rooting my device so what should i do
Like the guy said a couple posts up.... Flash KDZ of whatever firmware you're currently on in Normal Mode.

Then try again[emoji16]

- Tapatalked from the G3
 
snipeerz
Old
#6  
snipeerz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 49
Join Date: May 2012
Can you explain it to me plz cause im nob

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Steph09
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 143
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeerz View Post
Can you explain it to me plz cause im nob

Sent from my LG-F400K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You can try this method first to lose root and update your device:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797190

If not, you can also follow this guide to flash your current .kdz file again and lose root like that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2802286

If you want to find your current .kdz file, you can use this link:
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...2.jsp?esn=IMEI HERE

You have to put in your IMEI after the "=". That will take you to a page with some info. Use the link next to "<sw_url>", copy it and that will start the download of your latest rom (in form of a .kdz file).

(Not sure if I pasted the links in the correct order, but the first one should be regarding the use of LG PC Suite and the second one about flashing .kdz files)

Sent from my LG-D855

The Following User Says Thank You to Steph09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
root, software update
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Change the Style of Your Notifications with HeadsUp

Head Up notifications is one of these upcoming features that Android developers hid deep … more

Google Play Store to Show Price Ranges for In-App Purchases

Google recently announced a change to Google Play Store policy that requires … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Shut Up Your Phone – XDA Developer TV

So many different applications want to send us notifications that … more

Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more