FORUMS

Splash screen

1,758 posts
Thanks Meter: 319

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I own a 16gb/2gbram UK device that I bought on ebay. My device is unlocked to any network out of the box but is a 3UK device and has a 3UK splash screen. Whatever generic kdz I install, my 3UK splashscreen remains.
On other devices I have owned, if I flash a generic rom I end up with a generic splash screen. My question is, if I root my device and change the splash screen to a generic one then return to stock using a generic kdz, would my generic splash screen remain?

EDIT Solved. Information required is in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-boot-t2814467
Last edited by bobsie41; 18th July 2014 at 11:43 AM.

29th June 2015, 03:31 PM |#2  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the link takes me to boot animations. the splash screen (on my d851) is just a white screen that says lg. the boot animation comes after it. replacing boot animations isnt super difficult, though some devices will have funny locations and multiple animations to figure out. when I had my old t-mo g2 (htc vision, NOT lg g2) i changed both the splash screen and boot animation, but since have not found a way to modify splash screens.

EDIT: just realized this post is a year old. oh, the shame.
Last edited by itsnoahyo; 29th June 2015 at 03:32 PM. Reason: im a dummy
29th June 2015, 05:21 PM |#3  
Nowhere, Unknown Continent, Unknown Planet, Unknown Solar System.
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Aha, I had this same issue, real annoying, am I right?

Anyway, flash the stock firmware that associates to your device. It removed the splash screen for me, but I meant all my data was reset, to absolute factory. It was certainly a lot of work seeing as the amount of bloatware it installs is insane, but you should give it a go.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785089

EDIT: I just realised along with you that this was a year old post... Still hope it helps someone out, though.

Sent from my D855 running CloudyG3 2.3 with Gabriel5 kernel.
Don't forget to smash that thanks button if I, or someone else helps you, guys!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread