Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 37,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Suggestions on protecting the camera lens.

Tip us?
 
Jmelendez1
Old
#1  
Jmelendez1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 403
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Paterson, NJ
Default Suggestions on protecting the camera lens.

Any one know of a glass camera lens protector? Be nice cause I'd imagine it would be clear enough. My G2 has scratched simply with my finger as I felt my way to the volume buttons. Hate for the same to happen with my G3. Suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
SilverZero
Old
#2  
SilverZero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 1,208
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelendez1 View Post
Any one know of a glass camera lens protector? Be nice cause I'd imagine it would be clear enough. My G2 has scratched simply with my finger as I felt my way to the volume buttons. Hate for the same to happen with my G3. Suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Does it affect picture quality? At such small aperture (f2.2 I believe) a slightly scratched lens will hardly have an affect on the image. For the same reason, I'd say a plastic/film cut to size for the lens would be sufficient.
 
Pilz
Old
#3  
Pilz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 207
Posts: 846
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelendez1 View Post
Any one know of a glass camera lens protector? Be nice cause I'd imagine it would be clear enough. My G2 has scratched simply with my finger as I felt my way to the volume buttons. Hate for the same to happen with my G3. Suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This case has a rubber stopper so you can touch the lens while using the volume buttons. I have two of them and it's my favorite case.

http://www.spigen.com/lg-g3-case-slim-armor.html

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue)
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3 (Black)
LG G-Pad 8.3 (White)
LG G3 F400S (Black)

Lg G3 D850 (Black)
LG G3 F460S (Gold)
Nexus 7 (2013) (Black)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pilz
Old
#4  
Pilz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 207
Posts: 846
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
It wouldnt let me add pictures to my previous reply but here it is in a little better detail.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406001043618.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	2864332   Click image for larger version

Name:	1406001105099.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	2864333  

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue)
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3 (Black)
LG G-Pad 8.3 (White)
LG G3 F400S (Black)

Lg G3 D850 (Black)
LG G3 F460S (Gold)
Nexus 7 (2013) (Black)
 
Jmelendez1
Old
#5  
Jmelendez1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 403
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Paterson, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
This case has a rubber stopper so you can touch the lens while using the volume buttons. I have two of them and it's my favorite case.

http://www.spigen.com/lg-g3-case-slim-armor.html

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I suppose I could live with that. Is that case slippery?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
elua35
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmelendez1 View Post
I suppose I could live with that. Is that case slippery?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have this case as well and it feels a little slippery but has better grip than others. Personally I like the tech21 case better since it doesn't add as much bulk.
 
Pilz
Old
#7  
Pilz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 207
Posts: 846
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by elua35 View Post
I have this case as well and it feels a little slippery but has better grip than others. Personally I like the tech21 case better since it doesn't add as much bulk.
It's not slippery, the ultra hybrid is slippery. It has good protection and the cut outs are only where they need to be as opposed to a big ugly one line other cases.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue)
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3 (Black)
LG G-Pad 8.3 (White)
LG G3 F400S (Black)

Lg G3 D850 (Black)
LG G3 F460S (Gold)
Nexus 7 (2013) (Black)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more