Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sim Card not found

Tip us?

phonetechkid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Default [Q] Sim Card not found

I have been using the Korean LG G3 for a while with my AT&T sim card and I did not have any problems up till now. I have pulled the sim card out and put it back it multiple times now and it will still not be recognized. Does anybody have any ideas on what I should do? Thanks in advance!

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonetechkid View Post
I have been using the Korean LG G3 for a while with my AT&T sim card and I did not have any problems up till now. I have pulled the sim card out and put it back it multiple times now and it will still not be recognized. Does anybody have any ideas on what I should do? Thanks in advance!
Try getting a new sim card, and go from there. The issue could be that your sim card is old, or your phone does like it anymore for whatever reason. Alternatively you could try the same sim in another phone if that's an option.

phonetechkid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
Try getting a new sim card, and go from there. The issue could be that your sim card is old, or your phone does like it anymore for whatever reason. Alternatively you could try the same sim in another phone if that's an option.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have actually already switched the sim card and it is working on my other phone. So I am pretty sure something is wrong with my phone not the sim card. I have also reset my phone one time. Still nothing. Any Ideas?

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I have actually already switched the sim card and it is working on my other phone. So I am pretty sure something is wrong with my phone not the sim card. I have also reset my phone one time. Still nothing. Any Ideas?
You could back it up and do a hard reset this isn't ideal, but it usually fixes things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phonetechkid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
You could back it up and do a hard reset this isn't ideal, but it usually fixes things.
Just hard reset it and it is still not working. I think it might be a hardware problem.

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Just hard reset it and it is still not working. I think it might be a hardware problem.
Are your pins inside damaged?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Note 3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)

phonetechkid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Are your pins inside damaged?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm not sure is there a way to check?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
I'm not sure is there a way to check?

Check the slow where you put your sim card into and see if any don't look like they are contacting the card. I wouldn't mess with them, because they are fragile just look.

phonetechkid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Check the slow where you put your sim card into and see if any don't look like they are contacting the card. I wouldn't mess with them, because they are fragile just look.
I looked at the pins and I'm guessing those are the ones in the top of the slot. It seems like two pins to the very right are not touching the card.

Unbreakable118
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I looked at the pins and I'm guessing those are the ones in the top of the slot. It seems like two pins to the very right are not touching the card.

I have the same problem in my skandinavian (international (unlocked)) i think it has something to do with the boot speed(fast boot) because i got it to work when i backed my phone up and it rebooted but it always happens again when you just pull your battery out when the device is still on i factory reseted and it fixed it self permanently